New Leaked LG Device, Comes With New Screen Technology

travisn000

Reaction score
..let me clarify that...

The B has lower wattage than SAMOLED for both all black and all white... its slightly higher than Retina on one, but lower on the other...

...should be better on battery that SAMOLED, and similar or better than Retina

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a new screen technology at all, iPhone 4's retina display is an IPS panel.

New to LG, maybe (at least as far as phones go).

Reaction score
Dang son, the retina display still blows this new LG display out of the water and is still keeping android phones playing catch up. Props to apple for their awesome hardware. Their technology is sweet, too bad Jobs is a gigantic douche.

rybnik

Reaction score
Dang son, the retina display still blows this new LG display out of the water and is still keeping android phones playing catch up. Props to apple for their awesome hardware. Their technology is sweet, too bad Jobs is a gigantic douche.

The poster above you is correct. The "B" is an evolution of the retina display...LG makes both so I don't know why you are slamming LG for their own technology.....:blink:

Reaction score
So why wasn't this screen technology used on android LG phones? That's why I was "slamming" them.

I was more giving apple props, this is old news for iphone users.

rybnik

Reaction score
So why wasn't this screen technology used on android LG phones? That's why I was "slamming" them.

My guess would be that apple had/has some sort of exclusivity deal on the tech...

rybnik

Reaction score
That would make sense. Not only is Jobs a gigantic douche, he is a sly one.

HA, HA, HA.
he is quite ruthless, business-wise, I agree! and great at trying to pretend a feature that is new to his phone is actually an entirely new feature for phones ... *cough..videochat..cough*

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It coulda been a situation like with Amoled and the Incredible too: supply issues.
I'm pretty with millions of iPhone 4's being sold LG was pretty busy with that lil project....lol

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Maybe because it is a new improved variant over the iPhone IPS display. No mobile screen display has ever reached that high before, so it's quite a new development.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
To all the people who like to dis on LG. There was a time when most people would have walked right past anything labeled Samsung. Now they make hands down the best TVs on the market and have some othe very good products, smartphones included. LG makes good electronics on the whole, so they will get the knack for smartphones quickly. The Star, and this phone look quite promising so people need to stop and really look at what's coming.

Sent from somewhere...

Agree. Samsung is great at everything - especially there TVs. They finally have some incredible hardware to be a smartphone competitor and LG is just like them. Personally, I think LG makes really great feature phones and always has been the best. But their smartphones were very lackluster. Till the Optimus One series came along and is the best low end smartphones I have ever used - its seriously good. They are getting into high end now and I am a bit impressed on their progress.

Now regards the the display on this LG B - it isn't that impressive. It looks washed out and the text doesn't look as clear as the iPhone's and crisp as the on the Galaxy S. But hey, kudos to making such a thin device. I'm hearing its roughly 8mm thin compared to the iPhone at 9.3mm and the Galaxy S at 9.9mm.

G

Grimster

How is this "amazing new screen technology"??? IPS is 15 year old technology, all they did was add more or higher power LEDs for a brighter backlight and you can confirm this by the higher power requirements.

I think the author need to get educated in technology before posting an uninformative article like this.