1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Leaked LG Device, Comes With New Screen Technology

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Dec 16, 2010.

1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member Premium Member

New Leaked LG Device, With Amazing New Screen Technology

[​IMG]

The humble "one display fits all" world seems to be slowly dying and a new ‘every device gets its on technology’ world is quickly coming into play with every new handset that becomes leaked. The latest case of this is with the new LG B, a device that is not the recently announced LG Optimius X2 (I know, I thought it was too) but a completely different device. This device comes with a display technology called IPS display that gives off 700 nits, which creates a truly bright experience. Now the word nit is not something currently well known, but to put thing in perspective, it is brighter than the iPhone 4 and even the Galaxy S line of devices.

Now on to the handset itself. The picture taken is of the next “Thinnest phone in the world”, a title currently held by Apple with the iPhone 4. In the below picture you see the two device being put next to each other, and from there you can clearly see the 9.3 mm size of the iPhone is obviously beat.

Next year will be a hard year to pick a device to stick with from what all these rumors show, but at any rate we are guaranteed to be getting some great new hardware to run our great new Gingerbread and or Honeycomb software.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

News via: Phandroid
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  2. DawsonMobley

DawsonMobley New Member

Interesting, IPS (In Plane switching) Lcd monitors for computers cost quite a premium over standard tft lcd's so I wonder how it will affect the price of the phone?
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

what about battery life? increase or decrease?
  4. joker402

joker402 New Member

doesnt LG make the screen for the *phone? i hope LG supplies screens to moto. thats the only thing lacking in the DROID line, high end screens
  5. rybnik

rybnik New Member

I think that is right. According to Wikipedia, iphone has in IPS LCD display...I wonder if this means that the new device will get the same awesome display that the fruit currently has exclusive access to....
    This article seems to have hit from nowhere. Is this another surprise phone that will be anounced at CES??
  6. bizzshow

bizzshow New Member

Man this would be great with the tegra2 could be the phone I'm waiting for. To bad it probably won't come to the us
  7. rybnik

rybnik New Member

Ok, maybe this isn't actually in a phone yet, but is the successor to the Retina screen they already make for Apple. Notice "R" is of course Retina, "S" is Samoled, B is ah uhh Bright? Brilliant? anyway...speculation is healthy!
  8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea LG does. Its funny seeing some of the posters on Engadget trying to diss LG vs. the iPhone 4 and not know that lil tidbit of info...lol
  9. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator

To all the people who like to dis on LG. There was a time when most people would have walked right past anything labeled Samsung. Now they make hands down the best TVs on the market and have some othe very good products, smartphones included. LG makes good electronics on the whole, so they will get the knack for smartphones quickly. The Star, and this phone look quite promising so people need to stop and really look at what's coming.

Sent from somewhere...
  10. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member Premium Member

Decrease according to the chart.
  11. Jahmakan

Jahmakan New Member

I wouldn't say THE best, but they are certainly right up there, especially when it comes to their LCD TVs. Plasma now... But your point is well taken.
  12. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Shoot, I remember when everyone thought LG was top of the line cell phones, before the smart phone world. My first was an LG flip phone with a green and black screen lmao.. This will be interesting, but honestly I don't need a bright phone, I keep my screen the dimmest it can be, sometimes even use AdjBrightness to turn it down even more. If you want it as a flashlight, just put two leds on the rear camera and get the flashlight app
  13. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator

Samsungs LED tvs are the highest rated by Consumer Reports...at least they were a while ago....

Anyways. I am wondering why no one has taken the geek factor here and is wishing that LG strikes a deal with Hasbro to name this thing the Optimus Prime!!! I would so rock a Transformers phone!!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  14. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

that might be almost too thin for my taste... i like to hold something with a little solidity and mass to it... (don't quote me on that last part :icon_eek:)
  15. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

If you can't beat Apple bury their iPhone in a pile of Android devices and top it off with a plethora of incredible features. It takes Apple how many years to release a new iPhone? And yet new Android phones fall out of the sky like snowflakes. :biggrin:
    :icon_ lala:
  16. travisn000

travisn000 New Member

...I believe the chart shows lower wattage for the B, which should translate into BETTER battery life...
  17. travisn000

travisn000 New Member

..let me clarify that...

The B has lower wattage than SAMOLED for both all black and all white... its slightly higher than Retina on one, but lower on the other...

...should be better on battery that SAMOLED, and similar or better than Retina
  18. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Not a new screen technology at all, iPhone 4's retina display is an IPS panel.

New to LG, maybe (at least as far as phones go).
  19. Bigaliensexmachine3000

Bigaliensexmachine3000 New Member

Dang son, the retina display still blows this new LG display out of the water and is still keeping android phones playing catch up. Props to apple for their awesome hardware. Their technology is sweet, too bad Jobs is a gigantic douche.
  20. rybnik

rybnik New Member

The poster above you is correct. The "B" is an evolution of the retina display...LG makes both so I don't know why you are slamming LG for their own technology.....:blink: