WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
New Leaked LG Device, With Amazing New Screen Technology

lg-b-phandroid.jpg

The humble "one display fits all" world seems to be slowly dying and a new ‘every device gets its on technology’ world is quickly coming into play with every new handset that becomes leaked. The latest case of this is with the new LG B, a device that is not the recently announced LG Optimius X2 (I know, I thought it was too) but a completely different device. This device comes with a display technology called IPS display that gives off 700 nits, which creates a truly bright experience. Now the word nit is not something currently well known, but to put thing in perspective, it is brighter than the iPhone 4 and even the Galaxy S line of devices.

Now on to the handset itself. The picture taken is of the next “Thinnest phone in the world”, a title currently held by Apple with the iPhone 4. In the below picture you see the two device being put next to each other, and from there you can clearly see the 9.3 mm size of the iPhone is obviously beat.

Next year will be a hard year to pick a device to stick with from what all these rumors show, but at any rate we are guaranteed to be getting some great new hardware to run our great new Gingerbread and or Honeycomb software.

lg-b-6-550x480.jpg

lg-b-specs-550x370.jpg

News via: Phandroid

Last edited:

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
Interesting, IPS (In Plane switching) Lcd monitors for computers cost quite a premium over standard tft lcd's so I wonder how it will affect the price of the phone?

joker402

Reaction score
doesnt LG make the screen for the *phone? i hope LG supplies screens to moto. thats the only thing lacking in the DROID line, high end screens

rybnik

Reaction score
doesnt LG make the screen for the *phone? i hope LG supplies screens to moto. thats the only thing lacking in the DROID line, high end screens

I think that is right. According to Wikipedia, iphone has in IPS LCD display...I wonder if this means that the new device will get the same awesome display that the fruit currently has exclusive access to....
This article seems to have hit from nowhere. Is this another surprise phone that will be anounced at CES??

bizzshow

Reaction score
Man this would be great with the tegra2 could be the phone I'm waiting for. To bad it probably won't come to the us

rybnik

Reaction score
Ok, maybe this isn't actually in a phone yet, but is the successor to the Retina screen they already make for Apple. Notice "R" is of course Retina, "S" is Samoled, B is ah uhh Bright? Brilliant? anyway...speculation is healthy!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yea LG does. Its funny seeing some of the posters on Engadget trying to diss LG vs. the iPhone 4 and not know that lil tidbit of info...lol

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
To all the people who like to dis on LG. There was a time when most people would have walked right past anything labeled Samsung. Now they make hands down the best TVs on the market and have some othe very good products, smartphones included. LG makes good electronics on the whole, so they will get the knack for smartphones quickly. The Star, and this phone look quite promising so people need to stop and really look at what's coming.

Sent from somewhere...

Jahmakan

Reaction score
To all the people who like to dis on LG. There was a time when most people would have walked right past anything labeled Samsung. Now they make hands down the best TVs on the market and have some othe very good products, smartphones included. LG makes good electronics on the whole, so they will get the knack for smartphones quickly. The Star, and this phone look quite promising so people need to stop and really look at what's coming.

Sent from somewhere...

I wouldn't say THE best, but they are certainly right up there, especially when it comes to their LCD TVs. Plasma now... But your point is well taken.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Shoot, I remember when everyone thought LG was top of the line cell phones, before the smart phone world. My first was an LG flip phone with a green and black screen lmao.. This will be interesting, but honestly I don't need a bright phone, I keep my screen the dimmest it can be, sometimes even use AdjBrightness to turn it down even more. If you want it as a flashlight, just put two leds on the rear camera and get the flashlight app

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Sent from somewhere...

I wouldn't say THE best, but they are certainly right up there, especially when it comes to their LCD TVs. Plasma now... But your point is well taken.

Samsungs LED tvs are the highest rated by Consumer Reports...at least they were a while ago....

Anyways. I am wondering why no one has taken the geek factor here and is wishing that LG strikes a deal with Hasbro to name this thing the Optimus Prime!!! I would so rock a Transformers phone!!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
that might be almost too thin for my taste... i like to hold something with a little solidity and mass to it... (don't quote me on that last part :icon_eek:)

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
If you can't beat Apple bury their iPhone in a pile of Android devices and top it off with a plethora of incredible features. It takes Apple how many years to release a new iPhone? And yet new Android phones fall out of the sky like snowflakes. :biggrin:
:icon_ lala: