New Keyboard Concept Tries To Change Our World

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Nov 1, 2010.

1. onsht1kll

onsht1kll Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dunno i kinda like it.. once i memize where all the letters are i think it will be alot easier.. i like the idea of having just a dot as a point of reference and thats all on the screen

2. TwerpPoet

TwerpPoet Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting better. Still not as fast as I can go on a QWERTY keyboard, or even Graffiti for that matter. I've just about got the main layout memorised, but I'm getting pretty sick of that quick brown fox jumping over the lazy dog.

A La Droid X via 8pen

3. Dark-V

Dark-V Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha that's all I have been typing. My s/o is telling me to stop sending her "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

4. Feathersnpaws

Feathersnpaws New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it is taking a lot of practice but it's kind of fun and really nothing worthwhile comes easy and without practice. Once we get it ingrained in our brains I think it will be worth it. Besides practicing this is probably a lot better time waster than Angry Birds. ;-)

5. thexxoffspring

Ratings:
    +0
    i guess i could get used to this. its ALOT harder to text in class and not get caught. ill probably give it a week to try to learn it

6. Codiusprie

Codiusprie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought and downloaded the app then refunded. I think I could really get behind it but with a concept this new I really need more than 24 hours to decide if it is going to work for me. If there was maybe a stripped down free version I would definitely be willing to give it more of a shot.

I am afraid though that with google's acquisition of blind type, keyboards like this will probably not have a place for very much longer.

7. TwerpPoet

TwerpPoet Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can beat the auto word advance feature.

I'm sure some of you have met this minor frustration. You lift your finger to look for a letter you missed, or hit the shift, or switch to the symbol screen, and the darn thing completes the word. Two backspaces later you are on your way again.

Turns out if move your finger off the dot, but don't cross any bars, the cursor stays put.

I discovered this by accident when my thumb got tired after a long practice session

Any other hints or suggestions out there?

8. Sweettooth

Sweettooth Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I personally can't complain about the size of the average software keyboard anymore. I used to hate them; couldn't type worth a crap on people's iPhones but after getting my Droid I got better and better and with Google's amazing autocorrect and predictability you can practically type without looking at get 90% accuracy.

The trick with anything is simply to use it. As long as the buttons aren't too small and the response time is good you don't need replacement apps that add higher levels of prediction and whatnot. If you're new to those tiny software/hardware keyboards, simply open up a blank message or something a few times a day and type out a short story using proper grammar and punctuation. Works like a charm.

8pen looks interesting but given QWERTY keyboards have been in use for over 130 years, I think I'll pass on disciplining myself into learning a new way to type just yet. ;)

9. REXXX

REXXX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am really enjoying this 8Pen keyboard. I can already tell once i memorize where all the letters and such are I will be able to "type" faster and without looking.

10. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I am responding using 8pen to respond. Whenever I open Messenger though it appears as if the letters have vanished. I'm slowly getting used to it. Once you get used to it common words become a breeze to type. Think I'm gonna go play around in settings some more.

Search tags for this page
android circle keyboard
android circular texting
circle keyboard android
circular android keyboard
circular keyboard

circular keyboard android

circular phone keyboard
circular texting
circular texting keyboard
new circle keyboard