New Keyboard Concept Tries To Change Our World

Feathersnpaws

Reaction score
it is taking a lot of practice but it's kind of fun and really nothing worthwhile comes easy and without practice. Once we get it ingrained in our brains I think it will be worth it. Besides practicing this is probably a lot better time waster than Angry Birds. ;-)

Codiusprie

Reaction score
I bought and downloaded the app then refunded. I think I could really get behind it but with a concept this new I really need more than 24 hours to decide if it is going to work for me. If there was maybe a stripped down free version I would definitely be willing to give it more of a shot.

I am afraid though that with google's acquisition of blind type, keyboards like this will probably not have a place for very much longer.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
You can beat the auto word advance feature.

I'm sure some of you have met this minor frustration. You lift your finger to look for a letter you missed, or hit the shift, or switch to the symbol screen, and the darn thing completes the word. Two backspaces later you are on your way again.

Turns out if move your finger off the dot, but don't cross any bars, the cursor stays put.

I discovered this by accident when my thumb got tired after a long practice session

Any other hints or suggestions out there?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I personally can't complain about the size of the average software keyboard anymore. I used to hate them; couldn't type worth a crap on people's iPhones but after getting my Droid I got better and better and with Google's amazing autocorrect and predictability you can practically type without looking at get 90% accuracy.

The trick with anything is simply to use it. As long as the buttons aren't too small and the response time is good you don't need replacement apps that add higher levels of prediction and whatnot. If you're new to those tiny software/hardware keyboards, simply open up a blank message or something a few times a day and type out a short story using proper grammar and punctuation. Works like a charm.

8pen looks interesting but given QWERTY keyboards have been in use for over 130 years, I think I'll pass on disciplining myself into learning a new way to type just yet. ;)

REXXX

Reaction score
I am really enjoying this 8Pen keyboard. I can already tell once i memorize where all the letters and such are I will be able to "type" faster and without looking.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I am responding using 8pen to respond. Whenever I open Messenger though it appears as if the letters have vanished. I'm slowly getting used to it. Once you get used to it common words become a breeze to type. Think I'm gonna go play around in settings some more.