New HTC Thunderbolt User

project e46m3

Reaction score
Hey guys...just wanted to introduce myself. I have previously tested a Droid X so this isnt my 1st droid phone. Either way, I purchase my Thunderbolt on release date and I'm rather impressed thus far. The battery life is a bit of an issue but this is what I expected from a super smartphone. I have done some tweaks to improve the issue and I have no major complaints.

I have already rooted the phone to set the clock speeds when the screen is off and to remove the bloatware. I also purchased the extended battery for those days I wouldn't be around a charger.

Well...just wanted to say hi! :)

droidlady05

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Are you in a 4G area? If so, download the app Phone Info from the market, so you can turn 4G off when you don't need it. This will help with your battery life. I'm jealous, I wish I was eligible for an upgrade!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
P

project e46m3

Reaction score
Yes, Im in the metro NYC area and my 4G signal is super strong. Im getting anywhere from 10-14mbps download and 25-35mbps upload speeds! I luv it!

I will look into the app you mentioned but I like having 4g on all the time. LOL

Reaction score
I just dumped my Blackberry and jumped into the Android world. I've been very happy with my Thunderbolt so far. Thanks for the tip on the app to turn 4G off.

OP
P

project e46m3

Reaction score
I just dumped my Blackberry and jumped into the Android world. I've been very happy with my Thunderbolt so far. Thanks for the tip on the app to turn 4G off.

Same here man...i just got rid of my blackberry Tour. BTW, I downloaded the app to toggle between 3g and 4g..works great...im not sure how much battery im saving though..

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have ya

Sent from my Xoom with an Aloha from Hawaii

:)

Reaction score
I made it about a day and a half between charges with 4G disabled. At 1pm today I was at 35% and it turned yellow around 3:30 so I just pulled it off the charger. Not bad compared to 2-3 charges per day.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Yes, Im in the metro NYC area and my 4G signal is super strong. Im getting anywhere from 10-14mbps download and 25-35mbps upload speeds! I luv it!

I will look into the app you mentioned but I like having 4g on all the time. LOL

I can't turn off 4G...it's like crack. Once you have it...you gotta keep on it.

Those speeds are not accurate. There is a known bug in the Speedtest.net app.
Uninstall the app, go into your browsers settings and uncheck "use mobile version" for sites, then go to speedtest.net to get the accurate reading.

You'll get from 10 to 28MB down (load, signal strength depending) and 2 to 5 up. That's normal.

Welcome....I'm more impressed with the phone every day....

OP
P

project e46m3

Reaction score
Ahhhh you are correct. When on the speedtest.net site I got a reading of 23mpbs down and 3mpbs up. Thanks for the heads up on the faulty app.

dajogejr

Reaction score
NP..:)
Trust me....I wish that app was accurate.
I'd put everything I had in the cloud... LOL.