intro, considering buying thunderbolt

Fuhugwagads

Reaction score
thought I'd do a little research before deciding which droid phone I want. It's definitely gonna be Verizon so my main focus is the thunderbolt atm. Only complaint I read about [that I consider valid] is the bloatware they load it up with that can't be removed. It's invulnerable to task killer also...
should I expect a verizon patch?
or possibly a user made fix?
anybody already find a fix?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! well im glad ur going with vzw. yes unnecessary bloatware is reasons for many to Root and be rid of them. many great devices to choose from but it's basically how or what u wanna use ur phone for. im just a fan of Android software.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

TJF2011

Reaction score
Well, if your new to the Droids, then i think you will be happy with most Droids. I switched from having a Droid X to a HTC Thunderbolt. There are Pros and Cons, and i really hate to admit this, but i am missing my Droid X. I never had a problem with my X and i dont know a single person who has. However there are things i like better on the Thunderbolt. The camera and video camera are a lot better for some reason, the front facing camera, HTC has a great layout, kickstand on the back, and it feels a lot better in my hand than the X. BUT... i am having major connectivity issues with my thunderbolt that no one can seem to fix. Ive spent various hours with verizon, and they cant help me besides sending me refurbished phones that dont work either. If the thunderbolt would actually work right for me, I would love this phone.. My advice.. wait a few more months for a different phone, like the Bionic or another phone. I doubt you will be completely satisfied with the Thunberbolt.

I hope this helps.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Should have stuck with your original TB. The signal issues are across the nation with the LTE. Somewhere in these forums someone posted instructions on how to switch to COMA so you will be on classic 3G so it will operate like your X did. When LTE is back up reliable, you would have to manually switch back

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

TJF2011

Reaction score
Should have stuck with your original TB. The signal issues are across the nation with the LTE. Somewhere in these forums someone posted instructions on how to switch to COMA so you will be on classic 3G so it will operate like your X did. When LTE is back up reliable, you would have to manually switch back

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Actually this started weeks ago for me.. and happens over wifi.. nothing to do with the recent outage

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
F

Fuhugwagads

Reaction score
I'm gnna have some faith that this 4g network is gonna get better. i live right on the edge of 4g reception so it's not the biggest deal to me anyways. I've had a samsung rogue for the past two years. Ima freak out about having apps.lol

FoxRob

Reaction score
I got my Thunderbolt on Saturday and this phone it is AWESOME! Granted my first battery charge didn't last long but today it has been running all day and not plugged in at all.

Last edited: