New HTC Droid Photos Leaked

br91655

Reaction score
Anyone notice that the back and home hard buttons are reversed relative to the Droid?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing what kind of cool phones HTC has out when my contract with my Droid expires in a year and a half or so. I would be willing to bet that by then HTC will be way ahead of Motorola. Moto wants to bring out phones now with 1.5 operating systems when all other phones out there that have been out for a while are getting upgraded to 2.1. I sure hope that Devour doesn't come out with an old operating system like they announced, I think it would be kinda embarrassing.

I doubt it, but wouldn't be completely surprised if the Eris doesn't get upgraded to 2.1 before the Droid.

jimmay99

Reaction score
Looks Great. I was looking at getting a Droid at the end of the month when my contract runs out. Should I wait for this one? If so, any idea when Verizon will put it on the market?

darreno1

Reaction score
By the time I have another upgrade (in just under 2 yrs since I just bought the droid) this phone will already be outdated. It seems cool (besides the lack of ram) but who knows what crazy stuff is gonna be out then.

Agreed I see nothing here to go crazy about and after the hardware snafu with the Nexus (loss of 3g by covering the bottom etc), I'm a little skeptical about HTC's quality control compared to Motorola's. Yeah it's just one phone I'm basing this on but, IMO, it's a major issue as the part of the phone that is affected is the very part most would hold on to. I'd be pissed if my Droid was as inconsistent as that. Even though it seems only be noticed in low signal areas, it still sucks.

I'm not saying the Droid is perfect, it's not, but at least I can count on it to have reliable service.

I'll wait to too see what the Droid's successor is going to be.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Until there is another smartphone with a keyboard that looks as cool and performs as well as the Droid I am not even interested. As far as I'm concerned anything without a keyboard may as well be an IPhone.

I know some of you claim to type well without a physical keyboard but it's not natural - you've had to be trained to do it.

I won't buy a phone without a keyboard and so far there hasn't been a good android phone with a keyboard but the Droid. If one comes out with a much better keyboard and is a great build with better stats then I may get itchy.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Why are people making 2 yrs contracts ? Especially with the phones evolving so fast . You know that you pay only 60$ extra to get the one year contract . So basically for only 60$ you get tied up with a old phone for one extra year and obliged to pay 1200$ , or 350$ if you want to quit and get a new phone .

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Why are people making 2 yrs contracts ? Especially with the phones evolving so fast . You know that you pay only 60$ extra to get the one year contract . So basically for only 60$ you get tied up with a old phone for one extra year and obliged to pay 1200$ , or 350$ if you want to quit and get a new phone .

A 2 year contract can be renewed after 20 months, 4 months early. Does a 1 year contract have something similar?

jakheb

Reaction score
What's up with the back? Why not keep it flat? It does look nice. But I think I'll stick with my droid.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
A 2 year contract can be renewed after 20 months, 4 months early. Does a 1 year contract have something similar?

Yes it has , it can be renewed after 12 months .
LOL he said the 2 year (24 months) can be renewed at 20 months, so you can do it 4 months early. The answer would be "No, you have to wait the full 12 months." Too bad they don't let you at 10 or 11 months.

Maverick0984

Reaction score

LOL he said the 2 year (24 months) can be renewed at 20 months, so you can do it 4 months early. The answer would be "No, you have to wait the full 12 months." Too bad they don't let you at 10 or 11 months.

As I figured, so all further arguments should be that you save 8 months, not 12 months, by going 1 yr vs 2yr.

:p

Maverick0984

Reaction score

As I figured, so all further arguments should be that you save 8 months, not 12 months, by going 1 yr vs 2yr.

:p

Wish you could edit your post...

In addition to that, the $350 gets prorated the closer you get to the end of your contract, AND alot of people feel a new worthy device might not show up in 12 months. In this case, something like a Droid 2, might take 14-16 months (complete guess) and get you dangerously close to that 18 month mark.

Just saying 2 year contracts aren't "stupid" as they were alluded to by the previous poster.

Big Cam

Reaction score
There will always be a newer phone, it makes me laugh when people say they are going to wait to try other phones. If you are in the market for a new phone, just buy one.