New HTC Droid Photos Leaked

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Back is fugly, front looks like an iPhone.

Looks like a nice phone though nonetheless.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i like the big screen and high res with sense ui, that makes me want it

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about it. The Snapdragon cpu, amoled screen, optical trackball are all pluses. The 256mb ram and the ugly back are minuses. The back would still be ugly even if it weren't orange. It should be flat.

MrKleen

Reaction score
It seems as though HTC is moving faster than Motorola. HTC is showing this as a new product running 2.1 and much upgraded, and Moto is coming out with Devour running 1.6 ?

Add to it the fact that the Droid isn't getting the full 2.1 that HTC is putting on their phones.... Unless Moto decides to take this seriously many Droid owners next phones will be HTC. It seems HTC makes stronger phones.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
I am prob one of the few that say bleh.

snapdragon isn't all it's cracked up to be and the only way I'd want it really is if they added a gpu unit onto the chip a real graphics processor....

amoled screens are nice and bright I hear but someone mentioned them being horrible outside, like looking into a mirror? is that true at all? at least in doors it looks good.

optical mouse pointer? seriously on a touch screen? no thank you. I mean if an app gave you a touch mouse pad if you wanted one awesome, but uhg just a waste.

only thing I kinda like is the htc sense ui I suppose, but it's so proprietary and they keep it so closed its hard to enjoy personally. I like my droid just fine. Now when 4g lte or whatever comes out and a updated moto droid comes out with a nice fancy cpu + gpu more memory and whatever... then I'll start smiling.

I hear that the next generation of cortex processors I think cortex9 is it? are multi-core chips. howd that be =) dual cpu phones? sounds nice

LrdElderon

Reaction score
I am prob one of the few that say bleh.

snapdragon isn't all it's cracked up to be and the only way I'd want it really is if they added a gpu unit onto the chip a real graphics processor....

amoled screens are nice and bright I hear but someone mentioned them being horrible outside, like looking into a mirror? is that true at all? at least in doors it looks good.

optical mouse pointer? seriously on a touch screen? no thank you. I mean if an app gave you a touch mouse pad if you wanted one awesome, but uhg just a waste.

only thing I kinda like is the htc sense ui I suppose, but it's so proprietary and they keep it so closed its hard to enjoy personally. I like my droid just fine. Now when 4g lte or whatever comes out and a updated moto droid comes out with a nice fancy cpu + gpu more memory and whatever... then I'll start smiling.

I hear that the next generation of cortex processors I think cortex9 is it? are multi-core chips. howd that be =) dual cpu phones? sounds nice

shoot why can't I edit... ahhh. one last thing. Such little ram?! you'd think they'd have beefed it up a bit with at least 512 if they want this to be a high competitor. I wonder how much $$$

dtartini

Reaction score
By the time I have another upgrade (in just under 2 yrs since I just bought the droid) this phone will already be outdated. It seems cool (besides the lack of ram) but who knows what crazy stuff is gonna be out then.

mantis5

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good. I even like the back. :D

Not sure I'm crazy about Sense UI, and 256 RAM definitely seems weak, I wonder why they did that.

I am sticking with Moto Droid for a while, regardless, but it's good to see interesting phones rolling out.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll keep my Droid - the coolest looking phone with a keyboard.

You know there are gonna be 100 more android phones out this year. If you freak over every one you will be very unhappy.

mtdawg169

Reaction score
Anyone know the eta for the Incredible? I'm having a hard time not buying the Droid right now, but I really would like to see the Nexus & Incredible before making a decision. The pace at which new andriod phones are coming out is amazing.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
HTC does seem to be moving much more fluidly with the Android OS and their development than Moto does.....

mach330

Reaction score
Anyone know the eta for the Incredible? I'm having a hard time not buying the Droid right now, but I really would like to see the Nexus & Incredible before making a decision. The pace at which new andriod phones are coming out is amazing.

nope..no one knows anything for sure.