HTC Edge: First Quad-Core Phone Revealed

jerkwad

Reaction score
eh its to big....or the battery is to small....the colors ugly.....the build is too beefy....to much metal...it weights to much....it have gorilla glass we want lotus....the battery is to big we could never use that much MAH.....the it doesnt have an SD card...it has an SD card but only take 32gb or larger and who can afford that, the pixel density isnt enough, the screen uses to much power, it has an ugly pentile screen, it doesnt use a amoled screen, the screen is to nice, the phone has to much power, 1.5ghz is to high, 1.5ghz isnt enough, quad core is to much, quad core isnt enough, it didnt have 3d camera, the camera isnt good enough, thats an old camera, the camera uses to much battery, it only has 1 led, the speaker is horrible. the speaker is to loud, the speaker isnt loud enough, the phone doesnt have a subwoofer, the phone has a subwoofer and it shakes when i play music

Right???!!!!!!!! Did i forget anything??

meh, its elbows are too pointy.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
yea pretty much. it seems that bumping the cores is what brings in customers.

on the bright side, if they up the ram to 6GB somehow we can then fully run windows 7 on our phones >_> no need to tether when I want to play an MMO then, just a really small screen :p

True. I've got a quad-core i7 laptop, and I can assure you that I rarely ever have the need to tap into that power.

I personally do so much multi-tasking that without quad core (8 thread) processors, I was sucking... I have music and games sometimes movies or multiple websites... it's crazy, with quad core and 8gb or ram I never have to shut anything down. Man I love multi-monitor

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
on the bright side, if they up the ram to 6GB somehow we can then fully run windows 7 on our phones >_> no need to tether when I want to play an MMO then, just a really small screen :p

I personally do so much multi-tasking that without quad core (8 thread) processors, I was sucking... I have music and games sometimes movies or multiple websites... it's crazy, with quad core and 8gb or ram I never have to shut anything down. Man I love multi-monitor
for the small screen problem. theres always HDMI mirroring :D

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
And out if all the phone companies, HTC and their bad battery life just has to come out with the first quad core phone... ... ... Think Thunderbolt but tons worse... ;)
I hope it comes with an extension cord so I can walk around the house with it... Oh man, just think, you run to the car to get it plugged in before it dies, then you get to school jump out if the car, and sprint to class, so you can plug in again!
I think I'd take a "less power" (not really) dual core with good battery over a "more powerful" (not really) quad core. Customers are always brought in with the processors not the battery... Boycott quads! xD

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I'm not impressed. Give me 1.5-2 Gb RAM with a dual core. Or at least increase clock speed with more core's. This is just getting silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
And out if all the phone companies, HTC and their bad battery life just has to come out with the first quad core phone... ... ... Think Thunderbolt but tons worse... ;)
I hope it comes with an extension cord so I can walk around the house with it... Oh man, just think, you run to the car to get it plugged in before it dies, then you get to school jump out if the car, and sprint to class, so you can plug in again!
I think I'd take a "less power" (not really) dual core with good battery over a "more powerful" (not really) quad core. Customers are always brought in with the processors not the battery... Boycott quads! xD

No, no cords. I'm thinking a solar panel hat!

otmlb1128

Reaction score
Is it just me or does that look MUCH bigger than the Galaxy Nexus? I'm generally against the really big phones, but I'm caving with the Galaxy Nexus because of ICS and the fact it's basically the same size as a 4.3" screen LTE phone.

wolstonc

Reaction score
Some computer games that require dual cores can utilize quad cores but run cooler. But I don't see android getting anything like this anytime soon. I see dual cores coming out alongside quad cores and still considered top of the line. They still make nice dual core computers after all.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

combat_chuck

Reaction score
Stop trying to make the phones so light and thin! I can't be the only who who likes (or at least doesn't mind) a few extra ounces in favor of extra power and battery.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Is it just me or does that look MUCH bigger than the Galaxy Nexus? I'm generally against the really big phones, but I'm caving with the Galaxy Nexus because of ICS and the fact it's basically the same size as a 4.3" screen LTE phone.

If you go back and read the article, I mention the size is 4.7

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

chickaholic

Reaction score
Nice!

Finally, an ATTRACTIVE phone! Too bad it will be so big - talk about a 'phablet'. I don't see a front facing phone for Skype, Tango, etc. either.

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not impressed. Give me 1.5-2 Gb RAM with a dual core. Or at least increase clock speed with more core's. This is just getting silly.

it's not about speed it's about efficiency, it needs to be power efficient, quick, and able to process multiple threads.

more ram would be nice, but not really needed... with as streamlined as android it. not to mention how underclocked they are... people can get the xoom to what 1.8... probably get these 1.5ghz stock quad cores to 2.3 or higher...