New guy here; Hello!

repo_man

Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet into the smartphone era and got a DX. A friend of mine has had a DX for a while now (rooted and overclocked), and I've been itching to get my hands on one since I saw his, lol. I've been playing around with different apps (Launcher Pro, misc widgets) so far. I'm starting to research how to root it sometime in the future. I'm a big PC overclocker/modder so I'm excited to be able to have the same customization on my phone. My friend has his overclocked to 1175mhz. Don't care how high I go; I just think it's awesome to be able to overclock a phone, haha. So far the DX has been awesome. I love the big screen! I'm just enjoying it! Happy to have internet on the go and my calendar with me, lol. Just wanted to say hello!

Last edited:

citronbull

Reaction score
Welcome, you have come to the right place. Lots of knowledgeable Droid X geeks in this forum.

OP
R

repo_man

Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums :)
:welcome: to the forum. Feel free to join in.
Thanks you guys. :)
Welcome, you have come to the right place. Lots of knowledgeable Droid X geeks in this forum.
I've noticed! I'm debating rooting my droid, and I've seen the plethora of threads here about what to do. I want to tinker with it, but I'm afraid I'll break it, haha.

lerit50

Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums :)
:welcome: to the forum. Feel free to join in.
Thanks you guys. :)
I've noticed! I'm debating rooting my droid, and I've seen the plethora of threads here about what to do. I want to tinker with it, but I'm afraid I'll break it, haha.

Welcome to the forums, and don't worry, many people feel this way when they first start. Just read read read read and read some more on rooting. Its really nothing hard and there's a lot of people and applications to assist you. And don't ever be afraid to ask questions here. You have a great community that is always willing to help at your fingertips.

And as always, enjoy your phone!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
^^+1. Just take your time. Read through the threads and see what problems people had and how they fixed them. It took me months to gain the courage to root. It's nothing you rush in to. And again, if you need help just ask.

Swyped from a Droid

JOx

Reaction score
It's honestly pretty darn hard to break it now a days because you can sbf which is quite easy with all the guides. Enjoy!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
R

repo_man

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, and don't worry, many people feel this way when they first start. Just read read read read and read some more on rooting. Its really nothing hard and there's a lot of people and applications to assist you. And don't ever be afraid to ask questions here. You have a great community that is always willing to help at your fingertips.

And as always, enjoy your phone!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

^^+1. Just take your time. Read through the threads and see what problems people had and how they fixed them. It took me months to gain the courage to root. It's nothing you rush in to. And again, if you need help just ask.

Swyped from a Droid

It's honestly pretty darn hard to break it now a days because you can sbf which is quite easy with all the guides. Enjoy!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Thanks guys! I think once I find a ROM that I really like I won't be afraid to root. I'm still getting my feet wet and I haven't seen one that really interests me yet. I've also read how hard it is to brick them and all the successful "help me unbrick this" threads which is comforting, lol. Seems like a really rock solid device, but I had figured that when I bought it. If my friend has had it for months and hasn't bricked it yet (he's a chronic tech-tinkerer) I knew it had to be mostly bullet-proof! DF is a great forum. I'm liking it here. Reminds me of my "home" forum. Lots of support and nice guys here!:)