New Galaxy Note 8 Camera Details Leak

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note-8-dual-camera-setup-2-jpg.77763

LG is looking to greatly improve their camera's quality with an f1.6 aperture lens. This will allow for more light to be processed giving the camera better low light performance. It looks like LG isn't the only one stepping up their camera game. We know that Samsung will be including a dual lens camera on the Note 8. We now have more details regarding the camera setup.

Korean news website ETNews is reporting that the Note 8 will include a 12MP optical lens with dual-image pixel sensor and a 13MP telephoto lens. Each would include optical image stabilization and support 2x optical zoom. Optical zoom on these lenses will mean that we will be able to zoom in without adding noise and losing sharpness. Samsung will likely continue this dual lens camera approach in future phones like the Galaxy S9.

via AndroidAuthority

Attachments

• Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-Dual-Camera-Setup-2.jpg
    Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-Dual-Camera-Setup-2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 2,817

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
as long as I can zoom in on that blond sunbathing across the street and get a clear shot :)

seriously, the cameras on the phones is about to eliminate the need for a real camera for most users.

bestsmstracker

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Zony Xperia Z3
What happen mine when I zoom in the shot blurred. This is a phone defect?

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
When using Zoom, any movement (handshake) of the camera will be exaggerated. Optical and/or software stabilization can help, but it still maybe necessary to use a tripod or at least rest the phone on a solid object like a railing, or table..whatever is near by.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
What happen mine when I zoom in the shot blurred. This is a phone defect?
In addition to what @radon222 said, our phones use digital zoom as opposed to optical zoom.
Optical zoom is done with a lens, so the result is crystal clear.
Digital zoom is horrible, as the software is expanding the image to give a zoomed in look, but my experience with digital zoom has been anything more than one or two clicks results in a badly pixelated image.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
In addition to what @radon222 said, our phones use digital zoom as opposed to optical zoom.
Digital zoom is horrible, as the software is expanding the image to give a zoomed in look, but my experience with digital zoom has been anything more than one or two clicks results in a badly pixelated image.

I am not that clear with the dual lens concept which the phone is supposed to have but isn't that where the second lens is supposed to help?

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not that clear with the dual lens concept which the phone is supposed to have but isn't that where the second lens is supposed to help?
I was answering @bestsmstraker's question which seemed to be asking why a zoomed in picture on his/her phone was blurry. Unless I misunderstood his/her post...

bestsmstracker

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Zony Xperia Z3

Owh ge,

That maybe the problem of my phone camera. when I am going to more clicks.