New Froyo update; help requested.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Dark_Forge99, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technoman

Technoman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pulling the battery on the M screen after your re-boot from the upgrade was not a good thing. When the phone is sitting on that screen it is actually performing the writing of the update to the phone.

Mine too sat there for what seemed like infinity... but was not really that long. I just put it down and let it finish.

I have seen posts in other threads that people have recovered from your situation.

2. Dark_Forge99

Dark_Forge99 Member

Ratings:
    +0

My replacement took about 2 minutes max on the M screen when it Froyo'd on me, and booted like normal.

I waited 10-15 minutes on my old DX.

3. Technoman

Technoman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am sorry you had issues... mine sat on the M screen for about 5 minutes (I didn't time it) and everything completed and it is working just great.

4. hellfire

hellfire Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to further answer your question. There is a release of just the system folder SBF for the OTA 2.2. It works, I tried it yesterday. So really, you still can't brick your phone, unless you screw something up outside of the system folder.

5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8

Nope, I didn't I was looking at Lex_Luthor's post and I was just trying to be helpful. Sorry if you couldn't see that.

Someone mentioned closing this thread and I think this is a good time to do that. We are trying to limit the mount of "I need help with 2.2 X" threads.

Please use this thread for future discussions: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...l-droid-x-2-2-solutions-issues-thread-35.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.