1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Froyo update; help requested.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Dark_Forge99, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Forge99

Dark_Forge99 New Member

I was looking up previous threads on here, but there's alot of tech-talk I'm not understanding like OTA, SBF, etc. So when you guys respond, can you be a little more clear?

In short, I downloaded the Froyo update, and after my Droid X rebooted, it got stuck at the Motorola insignia startup screen. I waited some lenghty amount of time and ended up pulling the battery out to try to get it to work again. Same problem.

I rooted my phone, but didn't get the leaked Froyo update from August.
    Do you guys know what's causing the problem, and what I can do to fix it? I can't access my phone at all, so I can't go into Settings to set it to it's Factory Default Settings.
  2. hellfire

hellfire New Member

3. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Premium Member

4. Dark_Forge99

Dark_Forge99 New Member

Did you guys get a brand new Droid X replacement? Or did you get a "Like New Certified Replacement"?

I was kinda bummed when I got the LNCR. :-\

Edit: Actually, is there a way to unbrick the Mboot-stuck Droid X after the Froyo update yet? I didn't backup my phone, so I completely forgot what apps I had.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  5. Lex_Luthor

Lex_Luthor New Member

well if you rooted your phone you should know most or all of the tech talk thats going around. I understand most of whats being said and i find rooting the phone too difficult and time consuming.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

If tech talk is an issue look in our droid hacking section. I believe you'll find a dummies guide. No offence, that's just the name.
  7. Dark_Forge99

Dark_Forge99 New Member

Did you two look at my last post? At all?

Now I wonder what this says about you two...I appreciate the help, but if you're just gonna skim through it then, well, you get the idea.
  8. Technoman

Technoman New Member

Dark... you are taking the quickest route to NO help by your attitude.
    In fact, this might be a fast route to the ban stick coming out.

OTA is not a technical term, it is an acronym that stands for "Over the Air" and is in relation to the programming and updates. SBF is a file extension as was stated in the first response. Yes, acronym's can be confusing, but attitudes are the quickest way to be an outcast. Just thought you might want to know!!!
  9. Dark_Forge99

Dark_Forge99 New Member

Trust me, I'm not pulling some attitude here, but it'd be nice if you guys would reply to my post here and stop looking at my first post.

Just...stop it with the acronyms. Please? ;__; Look at my quote this time and respond to that instead? Please?
  10. Technoman

Technoman New Member

11. Dark_Forge99

Dark_Forge99 New Member

Technoman, I have already read through those threads when they were posted, and when you reposted them to check for anything new.

I guess the kind of answer I'm looking for is something along the lines of this:

Just to ensure, I'm not upset, nor am I flaming here. But I think it would be much more helpful to hear the words (when relevant to the question) out of the horse's mouth rather than the silent pointing-of-the-finger to a 30 page document that may or may not have the answer I need.

If the Mod or Admin views this, please close the thread.
  12. Technoman

Technoman New Member

One of the forum MOD's posted in here. HookBill is a moderator here.
    :)
  13. Technoman

Technoman New Member

Pulling the battery on the M screen after your re-boot from the upgrade was not a good thing. When the phone is sitting on that screen it is actually performing the writing of the update to the phone.

Mine too sat there for what seemed like infinity... but was not really that long. I just put it down and let it finish.

I have seen posts in other threads that people have recovered from your situation.
  14. Dark_Forge99

Dark_Forge99 New Member

My replacement took about 2 minutes max on the M screen when it Froyo'd on me, and booted like normal.

I waited 10-15 minutes on my old DX.
  15. Technoman

Technoman New Member

I am sorry you had issues... mine sat on the M screen for about 5 minutes (I didn't time it) and everything completed and it is working just great.
  16. hellfire

hellfire New Member

Just to further answer your question. There is a release of just the system folder SBF for the OTA 2.2. It works, I tried it yesterday. So really, you still can't brick your phone, unless you screw something up outside of the system folder.
  17. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Nope, I didn't I was looking at Lex_Luthor's post and I was just trying to be helpful. Sorry if you couldn't see that.

Someone mentioned closing this thread and I think this is a good time to do that. We are trying to limit the mount of "I need help with 2.2 X" threads.

Please use this thread for future discussions: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...l-droid-x-2-2-solutions-issues-thread-35.html
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.