New Firmware?

Reaction score
OK Wow, where to begin...

First, a new update for our phones came out this week that fixes most of the problems with GB. It's still 2.3.3, but it's way better than it was before. It solves all kinds of problems I personally have had and I'm sure everyone else will experience the same thing. It makes the Droid X a much more solid phone.

Second, if you're rooted, you must know how to use the bootstrapper. If you don't, it's pretty simple. Download it here: Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap v1.0.0.3.apk (yes I know it's Droid 2 bootstrapper. Trust me it's the right one) and install it. Run it, then click bootstrap recovery, and then reboot recovery. If you want to back up your whole phone (in case you want to go back to the settings you have) there's a backup and restore menu in the recovery console. Please note that it backs up your entire phone, and you can't restore that backup unless your phone is already on the same Android version as the backup (restore FroYo to FroYo, GB to GB.) If you decide to upgrade, this isn't going to help you much unless you decide to go back to where you were. You'll want to reset all of your phone's settings anyway since you have a new ROM.

Third, I recommend Liberty GB. You can find the ROM here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/151273-rom-liberty-gingerbread.html

And you can find how to install it here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-1-stock-apex-cm7-etc-any-rom-liberty-gb.html

And you can find themes, answers to questions, mods, etc. for Liberty GB in the Liberty ROM DX forum here:
Liberty ROM DX

One last note. No, you don't lose root if you do a factory reset. It just wipes all of your data. It won't even take you back to the stock ROM. It just takes you back to a fresh copy of whatever ROM your phone has installed on it, all the way back to having to activate your phone again (which really is no big deal.) And it doesn't do anything to your SD card.