NEW DROID USER -How do i install custom rom

joey00

Reaction score
Hello world - please i am new to the droid world, a new convert from the stale windows mobile system. Please i am trying to install a custom rom, how do i go about doing this. I have my phone rooted, thats all i have done so far, but is there something about deodexed or sbf or something like that?...
can someone please give me the step by step procedure of installing a custom rom after the phone has been rooted?
i have a droid x and it is running the official 2.2 update. thanks a million

sephtin

Reaction score
Hello world - please i am new to the droid world, a new convert from the stale windows mobile system. Please i am trying to install a custom rom, how do i go about doing this. I have my phone rooted, thats all i have done so far, but is there something about deodexed or sbf or something like that?...
can someone please give me the step by step procedure of installing a custom rom after the phone has been rooted?
i have a droid x and it is running the official 2.2 update. thanks a million

Welcome to the forums!
Each ROM has slightly different steps for installation. List of ROMs available for the DroidX here:
Droid X ROMs and Themes

And if you follow the link to the ROM, there should be install instructions for each of them! Hope this helps! Enjoy!