DroidX Best Available Custom ROM'S

BrEeZii StEeZe

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm a little new to this Droid hacking world and i want to install a custom ROM, the only problem is... i dont know which one to choose! what would you say is the best ROM available? and also install instructions would be helpful... as when i used ROM Manager, and i tried to install, a droid with an exclamation flashed on, and it booted as normal.... someone told me the Bootstrap for droid x fixes this... please comment :)

maddog0331

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm a little new to this Droid hacking world and i want to install a custom ROM, the only problem is... i dont know which one to choose! what would you say is the best ROM available? and also install instructions would be helpful... as when i used ROM Manager, and i tried to install, a droid with an exclamation flashed on, and it booted as normal.... someone told me the Bootstrap for droid x fixes this... please comment :)

Well it all depends on what you are looking for in a ROM. I have installed a couple and again I do it because I wanted to see #1 how it would look compared to the stock and #2 how fast the ROM actually was. In my opinion the Rubix Roms are some of the best ones out there. I also tried the following ROM by JRummy16 Rumm Rx v1.0. Its a good ROM however, I was having an issue with the calendar widget I don't know if anybody else is having this issue, plus if you go back to a back up or another ROM you're going to replace his logo with the "M" logo back to the phone. Just fixed mine thanks to wicked. Hope this helpsdancedroid

drunkclever

Reaction score
I think you need that bootstrap app. it was the first thing I got right after I rooted my dx 2.2. then I installed rom manager and backed up the" stock" rom. after that I downloaded a rom through rom manager. I tried various custom mods.

if you have apps that you bought I suggest getting titanium backup pro. once you install that click on the top middle.. backup& restore. then hit the menu key then hit batch. its easy.

then download a rom install it.. restore your stuff.. and check out your new rom.

I am still looking for one that I like, but I am leaning towards a rubix rom.

g.l.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Phazm

Reaction score
Try darkslide - love the icons - fast and rock solid - no issues. Rubix also have run without issue. Get gala s theme for a much better look though. Beware, many blurless roms are too basic, some blur isn't bad really. See what they have for apps first.