New Droid Owner - Essential Apps Help

matty76

Reaction score
Hey all...

My X is going to arrive either today or Monday depending on the FedEx Gods... I'm coming from a WinMo phone.... anyone have any advice on Apps I should def get?

Everyone seems to be signing up for Google Voice so I'll do that and Launcher Pro seems like a common app. I've used PDAnet on my Touch Pro for years so I'll get that for tethering.

Any help you vets can provide to the Droid Noobs would be appreciated....

Thanks all!!! I cannot wait for this thing!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey all...

My X is going to arrive either today or Monday depending on the FedEx Gods... I'm coming from a WinMo phone.... anyone have any advice on Apps I should def get?

Everyone seems to be signing up for Google Voice so I'll do that and Launcher Pro seems like a common app. I've used PDAnet on my Touch Pro for years so I'll get that for tethering.

Over in the apps section there are many lists of different apps that people feel are either essential or just fun to have.

site:droidforums.net Top Apps Droid Forums - Google Search

As you can see this question gets asked a lot. So go through some of the threads that I just gave you and see what looks good to you.

fecurtis

Reaction score
Hey all...

Depends on what you're looking for. Here are some useful ones that I use that you didn't mention. Whether or not you'll find them useful is up to what yo uwant to use the phone for.

Flixster
Where
Shazam
Weatherbug

I've got many more but they're just for show. Like Layar.

Chumley

Reaction score
I don't have text messaging on my phone, will google voice or any other app let me send and recieve with out being charged?

hendrix

Reaction score
I don't have text messaging on my phone, will google voice or any other app let me send and recieve with out being charged?

Pretty sure that google voice will allow you to send and receive text messages at no charge. People will have to use your google voice number instead of your cell number, and you wont get picture messages.

loggainsd

Reaction score
My Apps

REQUIRED FOR ME:

Voice
Weatherbug
Yahoo Mail
Youversion Bible
ClearCheckbook
Wireless Tether for Root Users
SetCPU
RomManager
BetterKeyboard
LauncherPro
TasKiller
TeslaLED
Astro File Manager
Pandora
Shazam
Ringdroid
IMDb
Yellow book / white pages
WYSE Remote Desktop / VNC Client
gStrings ( Guitar Tuner)
NetTools
UrbanSpoon
Dictionary.com
SpeedTest
Engadget

I Have many more but those I use all the time

phatkat66

Reaction score
Lol get ready to get rid of SetCPU, Wireless Tether For ROOT!!! Users, RomManager lol