iPhone to Droid X today. A mini review of Droid

BKSinAZ

Reaction score
After being on at&t and the iphone for 2 years, I am now (as of July 30th) a new Droid X owner.

After only an hour after receiving this from the FedEx guy, I must say that I am very impressed with the technical sophistication of this phone. The iphone took all of an hour or so to completely figure out. Being new to the android software, I barely figured out how to make a call on this thing. Haha.
Speaking of software, I read rumors on this site that phones are beginning to ship with 2.2. My phone was shipped on July 28th and arrived with 2.1 version software.
Out of the box and only played with for an hour….. I am impressed with the Droid X and glad to have gotten rid of the iphone.
So far, some Pros to the Droid X:
The speaker volume, so far, seems to be much louder than my iphone.
Screen is brighter.
Cons: (though might not be cons once I get used to the phone)
I find the little power jack very small and I question it’s durability.
Lots of screens; Phone seems like it is going to take a while to learn, however this might be a PRO. If the software is a bit complicated, that might mean that it is full and robust.
Not a con, but I am confused why there are icons (widgets) on all 7 home screens. Seems confusing and I wonder why they are not all consolidated on one or two screens.

Question.. I moved a few default widgets from one screen to another, is there a button somewhere in the phone that puts all icons/widgets back to default location?
Any videos that show how to navigate around and use this phone?

zook_b

Reaction score
There is not a button to put stuff back to where you want it. You just drag it to the other spot or take it to the trash can and put a new one on the screen you want.

You could always use another launcher like ADW from the market and you would have a pinch feature to see all home screens at once. From there you can just tap the screen you want.

The Micro USB jack is used on the majority of phones now and as far as I've seen they hold up very well. I haven't had one break yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
After being on at&t and the iphone for 2 years, I am now (as of July 30th) a new Droid X owner.

Lots of screens; Phone seems like it is going to take a while to learn, however this might be a PRO. If the software is a bit complicated, that might mean that it is full and robust.
Not a con, but I am confused why there are icons (widgets) on all 7 home screens. Seems confusing and I wonder why they are not all consolidated on one or two screens.

Question.. I moved a few default widgets from one screen to another, is there a button somewhere in the phone that puts all icons/widgets back to default location?
Any videos that show how to navigate around and use this phone?

First, welcome to the world of Droid. :) Second--I'll try to avoid stereotyping iPhone and Droid users, but--I think one of the things that draws people to Android phones is the freedom to arrange your phone (in terms of both layout and software) the way you want it! I assume many owners on this forum would call the option to put things where we want them a good thing. And your intuition on the menu system is probably correct, though sometimes things are not so intuitively laid out (e.g., system sounds). But then there are many widgets in the Market that can help consolidate those options!

-Matt