New Droid Owner, FINALLY!

DroidLvr73

Reaction score
After fighting the urge over and over to pull the trigger I am finally getting my first Droid. Really wanted to hold out for the next gen of Droids that are coming out in the next 6 months but I could no longer hold off. So, instead of using my Upgrade I opted to pick up a used Droid online to tinker with, and enjoy over the next few months or so. New to the whole Rooting, ROM, etc.. world but looking forward to reading the Sticky's and trying to figure it all out. Do wish there was some sort of step by step guide to what to do when you get your new Droid to get a true taste for the real Android experience. Rooting, Roms, Tethering, Best Utility APS, Overclocking, etc...

Know the info is out there and not being lazy to look it up, just is a little confusing without the unit in hand I guess. I will hopefully have it by end of week. Can't wait to get started. Thanks in advance for any and all the help I am sure to seek and receive here. Great site and although some can be a little arrogant cause they know it all. There is plenty on here willing to help a NOOB like me gain knowledge and interest to really try and learn. Hopefully by time Bionic comes out I will be a seasoned Vet and Brick free lol.

Keep up the great work everyone, it is a pleasure to read the thoughts of gifted people that make all this possible. Any suggestions to get me started would of course be appreciated!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome droid, we have a sub form for each android phone and inside that sub forum is a forum labled hacks. That should get you started on rooting. You can select the search tab and do a google search of the forum for your question and it will pull up all related topics. Hope you can find everything useful. Feel free to ask questions

Sent from my D2

Dustin.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums man! Enjoy your stay, be active, and let us know if you need any help! ;)

Sent from my DROID X.

OP
DroidLvr73

DroidLvr73

Reaction score
Appreciate that Dustin. I will need help I am sure and definitely will be active. Great Forum. Is there a way to save favorite threads for easier access later? Came across a few and was just wondering if was an in application way to store them for easier access.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually there is you can subscribe to the thread and then use the "user cp" tab and you can see all subscribed threads. I hope this can help

Sent from my D2

Dustin.

Reaction score
Anytime you make a thread or post in a thread, you become subscribed to it. And to go back and check if there's any new posts, just click on the User CP and check the posts!

Sent from my DROID X.

OP
DroidLvr73

DroidLvr73

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I had just came across that after I posted the question. Good to know there is no other way besides that. Thought maybe I was missing something.