New Auto Brick Feature Built Into Stock Andorid AOSP!

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The way I understand Android Device Manager is even if the phone is off, you send the Factory Wipe command from the ADM website. The next time that phone turns on, ADM will Factory Wipe it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Wonder if ADM works the same with Tablets? When mine was stolen, I did a wipe command from my phone, and hope it wiped when it was turned back on...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Wonder if ADM works the same with Tablets? When mine was stolen, I did a wipe command from my phone, and hope it wiped when it was turned back on...
I should test it. I'm going in my tablet to a friend.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can see my tablet from the ADM website and ping it's location, as long as the tablet is connected to WiFi. So I would think the remote wipe command would work in a tablet also, as long as it connects to WiFi, and as soon as the Google account starts to sync....bam...wiped! I don't know for sure, but it seems like that's how it should work.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I can see my tablet from the ADM website and ping it's location, as long as the tablet is connected to WiFi. So I would think the remote wipe command would work in a tablet also, as long as it connects to WiFi, and as soon as the Google account starts to sync....bam...wiped! I don't know for sure, but it seems like that's how it should work.

I can find my new one, so I'm hoping the stolen one got wiped. When I search for it now it's not found... I'm hoping the thief got bumped the day he took it, as it shows the last time used was the morning it was used by me, on the day it was stolen...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
So they turn it off immediately, then go to an area they know doesn't have cell service or a jammer. Then when phone turns on they kill wifi and data connection.

And I'm an honest person. Think if I wasn't.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So they turn it off immediately, then go to an area they know doesn't have cell service or a jammer. Then when phone turns on they kill wifi and data connection.

Interesting... When I'm thinking of you not being honest....
Then Immediately CR and Sajo come to mind...
How do you interpret that?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Interesting... When I'm thinking of you not being honest....
Then Immediately CR and Sajo come to mind...
How do you interpret that?
Birds of a feather?

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Back on subject ;)
I hope if they make the Auto Brick part of the OS, I hope they make it fool proof, as I've had my phone wiped while my pocket tried my 4 digit pin 10 times, (I immediately removed that security feature) ... At least I could start over, a brick is a different story...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

The other option is after powering down to boot into recovery, do an FDR, then once the phone is back up they can use a file undelete tool and recover all the personal data they want. Still another option is to use ADB via USB with radios turned off. There are several ways to gain access. Nothing works like encryption and a complicated lock screen password to protect your data if the phone is stolen, but backing it up is mission critical since if the encryption decides to flake out you can lose all your data.