New app...Power Strip

drpaul07

Reaction score
I like it! Very well done. I like it better than quick desk.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I particularly like the bottom row where the widgets are represented by icons and don't have to take up screen space when not in use.

cleassan

Reaction score
Is anyone using Power Strip on a Droid X? I can't get it to work. Long pressing the search button just brings up voice search...

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I don't have an X, but here's an idea:
download Button Shortcut from the market (it's free) and try assigning a function (anything other than voice search just for test purposes) to longpress search. If it works then you should be good to go for Power Strip.
HTH

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Between power strip and the scrolling icons setup at the bottom of launcherpro- I only have a clock widget on my home screen.

~ Transmitted via Motorola Droid ~

That's my setup too. =D
I don't use a homescreen anymore lol. Power strip +widgetlocker is my favorite combo right now. Power strip for me is kinda like webos shortcut thing that pops up at the bottom.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

cleassan

Reaction score
I don't have an X, but here's an idea:
download Button Shortcut from the market (it's free) and try assigning a function (anything other than voice search just for test purposes) to longpress search. If it works then you should be good to go for Power Strip.
HTH

Thanks -- tried that, and the search button still didn't work, but I was able to assign my camera button. At least now I can see if I find Power Strip useful enough to try to get it working with my search button. Jury's still out...

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I also have shortcuts to Power Strip on my lock screen (Widget Locker) and on the dockbar of Launcher Pro. Those should also work on the X.

coolkidd

Reaction score
It is now $1.99! Good thing I decided to buy it... I too no longer swipe for screens... just double tap home and all my Widgets are there!

chazall1

Reaction score
My Power Strip, what am I missing?

I first DL and used Power Strip for two days and everything was fine. I turned off the DX, turned the DX back on, everything booted normal, got the unlock screen, slid to open, my screen went black. I hit the home button, Power Strip was working, the DX was functioning normal, just no home screen, just black. I went into apps, uninstalled Power Strip, and my home screen appeared as normal. Did I mis something in the Setup???
I DL and installed one mor time, same outcome, what am I missing?

Thanks

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I first DL and used Power Strip for two days and everything was fine. I turned off the DX, turned the DX back on, everything booted normal, got the unlock screen, slid to open, my screen went black. I hit the home button, Power Strip was working, the DX was functioning normal, just no home screen, just black. I went into apps, uninstalled Power Strip, and my home screen appeared as normal. Did I mis something in the Setup???
I DL and installed one mor time, same outcome, what am I missing?

Thanks
This happened to me once lol you have to assign a home app within powerstrip via settings. What's happening is that Android calls on Power Strip because it becomes assigned as a Home Replacement. If you don't assign a home launcher within Power Strip Power strip doesn't know which launcher to default to after an unlock. Just assign a launcher and everything should be good. :)