Never Ending Boot Cycle

papat912

Reaction score
Has anyone had their Rezound go in to a continous rebooting cycle. I tried to drain my battery, last night, to get a complete recharge and strange things started happening. It went in to the never ending reboot cycle. I had to remove the battery to stop it then I recharged the battery. I turned it back on this morning and the same thing, with the rebooting started again. I call Verizon tech support and they had me to remove the Simms Card and then put it back in but it still keeps rebooting. Then the tech guy said that my Simms Card is bad and needs replacing, does this sound right? It seem everything is working but no phone service.

Papt912

Snoking

Reaction score
Search boot loop. Follow the instructions.

Start by removing back and boot it. Go to dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*

Go down the screen and set it to cdma auto.

Turn off and install back. Restart.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but completely draining your battery is not a good idea.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

OP
P

papat912

Reaction score
Thanks Snoking and WallyIAm for the replies. Wally I agree know that draining the battery completely is not a good idea. I went to my closed Verizon store and told the guy what I stated in the first post and said that he didn't believe that the Sims Card was my problem and talk me into letting him do a hard reset and low and behold it worked! He had to do a manual reset since the phone was still in a rebooting cycle. He held down the low volume key and at the same time held down the On/Off key until a menu came up and ask if a hard reset was wanted. By selecting yes reset everything with the memory card out and everything started working fine. Then the memory card was replaced and the data started pouring in. Now I have a lot of reconfiguring to do.

Thanks again guy.

Papat912:biggrin:

Snoking

Reaction score
Hard to figure out how VZW FAILS to train their people on this issue. There was no reason for you to loose your data.

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah, shame they don't know any better. This is a very well known issue with the Rezound that DOES have to do with the SIM card. All you had to do was restart the phone without the back cover and turn 4g on. So sick of VZW reps...

despoeTR

Reaction score
Yup! I Went to Verizon coz my phone had the boot loop. All the rep did was wait for it to turn on. I was like didn't I just explain to you that it wouldnt turn on?! He goes well its not turning on so ill just send you another phone...smh....
Good thing I went there on a Saturday coz they couldn't ship it to me till Monday. The next day I did some research online and did the steps that was previously mentioned and it worked. Called them up and cancelled the shipment. I would've gotten a replacement or refurbished phone. While the one I have is only 3months old.

paul_htc_not

Reaction score
Has anyone had their Rezound go in to a continous rebooting cycle. I tried to drain my battery, last night, to get a complete recharge and strange things started happening. It went in to the never ending reboot cycle. I had to remove the battery to stop it then I recharged the battery. I turned it back on this morning and the same thing, with the rebooting started again. I call Verizon tech support and they had me to remove the Simms Card and then put it back in but it still keeps rebooting. Then the tech guy said that my Simms Card is bad and needs replacing, does this sound right? It seem everything is working but no phone service.

Papt912

Had the same problem and it turned out to be a bent pin on the battery connectors. Make sure the pins are straight and reinstall your battery and your problem will go away.

OP
P

papat912

Reaction score

Thanksagain, Snoking, my phone gave me a verbal message that my phone's battery was overheating.Then it began the "Never EndingBoot Cycle" so I tried the instructions you gave:

Start by removing back and boot it. Go to dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*

Go down the screen and set it to cdma auto.

Turn off and install back. Restart.

Now everything is working fine, I just don’t understand why it gets in thenever ending boot cycle to start with.

Thanks again,

Papat912