Netflix/TV

Chris6

Reaction score
Is there any app that lets you watch tv or lets you watch shows you have on netflix?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

rlfitz

Reaction score
there is an app called live tv that lets you watch some tv channels. But I think it kinda sucks. I got a slingbox and the app for that to watch my home cable box dvr on my droid. the slingbox cost $150 and the app was $30. a bit of an investment at first, but watching my dvr anywhere, anytime, is F'n cool.

OP
C

Chris6

Reaction score
That's the only app you know of?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

rlfitz

Reaction score
they are the only apps I know of, but there might be more some other people might suggest. I think the netflix thing might be coming down the road sometime. the live tv app is free i think. give it a try. but seriously the slingbox is worth it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there any app that lets you watch tv
Depends on what you mean by the question. There are apps to view TV shows streamed from servers but if your question means to tune live TV then, no. An app can't replace a tuner.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
at some point you should be able to go to Netflix: Rent as many movies as you want for only $8.99 a month! Free Trial on your phone, log in and then watch movies. You can't now because they don't have a mobile site or due to flash issues I think.

It's not Flash issues per se, since their mobile site uses Silverlight. It's that they don't have DRM for Android which is secure enough to appease the piracy-hysterical studios. Netflix claims they're still working on it.