PlayOn App For Android Coming Very Soon

samiusmc

Reaction score
For those of you unfamiliar with PlayonTv, it's basically software you install on your PC so you can access Netflix, Hulu and many other channels on your PS3 and other devices. Here is the link to their site explaining more:

| PlayOn | Watch Hulu, CBS.com, MLB.tv, Netflix, and more on your TV with PlayOn!

They just started mobile access support for the iphone and ipod touch. I emailed them today to find out about support for Android and here's the response I got:

We will be adding support Android in the very near future. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for contacting PlayOn Support.

This means we will soon be able to stream Netflix on our Droids probably before the Netflix app is released.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up!

sslbaron

Reaction score
This sounds cool. I can't wait for it. $39.99 seems a little steep though. It better be worth it. We'll have to wait and see..... :unsure:

sslbaron

Reaction score
I figured I'd drop them an e-mail too. I just got a response back (on a Saturday evening :icon_eek:). Here it is:

Hi Scott,

I own an Android device and we are working on a solution for Android. We just added the iPad, so next device is Android on the roadmap.

Thanks for contacting PlayOn Support.

Best,

Greg
PlayOn Support
| PlayOn | Watch Hulu, CBS.com, MLB.tv, Netflix, and more on your TV with PlayOn!

I hope this happens soon! Of course, we had to take second fiddle to Apple again....:angry:

EvilKitty

Reaction score
Does this mean we will be able to Hulu it up on our Droid Xs? If so, huzzah! And much agreed to taking second string to Apple, but such is commerce life.

Thunder7

Reaction score
Really looking forward to this. I have been enjoying PlayOn via Xbox 360 my TV and would love to see it go to my Droid.

sharpz

Reaction score
maybe im not understand this, but why would you need this app?

On XBOX, it already has Netflix on it. PS3 and XBOX 360 both hook up to your own personal media and allow you to play any home videos, movies, pictures, songs right off your PC to the console without this software?

So basically the only thing your buying is the ability to see YouTube and Hulu on your TV? Unless I'm missing something, it sounds pointless.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
So basically the only thing your buying is the ability to see YouTube and Hulu on your TV? Unless I'm missing something, it sounds pointless.

It's to watch those on your phone...not on your TV

P!X3L

Reaction score
With playon plugins installed, you can watch pretty much anything on the web, directly on your tv using realtime transcoding. For instance there's a plugin that allows you to watch live sporting events off of justin.tv. There are plugins that allow you to stream streamtorrent sopcast links etc. This is awesome for streaming live football to your tv. Also you can stream local files from your HD to your TV, regardless of codec. This will also make it possible to stream netflix, hulu and anything to your phone! You could set it up to with transdroid to download torrents to your home computer and stream them to your phone instantly...

needless to say this **** is sweet. I can't wait to get it on my droid.

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
This sounds cool. I can't wait for it. $39.99 seems a little steep though. It better be worth it. We'll have to wait and see..... :unsure:

At times they put it on sale. I got it for $19.99 a while back so keep a lookout.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
SO it seems this is kind of like the "orb" (if you know of that) of online media? Sorry if this was already mentioned, but I would wonder if HULU would try to block this if it comes to mobile devices, being that they need their 'Hulu Plus' money, ya know... but 80 bucks for a full membership... hmm.

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
so since i already have a license for it i will be able to use it on my d1 when they come out with it?

Yes. I've already tried it on my ipod touch and it works great.

Kack

Reaction score
so since i already have a license for it i will be able to use it on my d1 when they come out with it?

Yes. I've already tried it on my ipod touch and it works great.

Sweet i have been watching the nfl games on nfl mobile becasue it hasnt blocked me out or asked me to subscribe for ten bux i cant imagine what phones will be like in a year.