need urgent help deodexing

rboutin2

Reaction score
im trying to deodex my friend's droid x, and i did the steps all here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bi...-custom-theme-experience-8-colors-choose.html

I get to the part of installing sdk, and such. I did everything it says, but when i type adb into cmd, it always just says adb not recognized as..... yada yada yada. I have the latest drivers for the x. I really need help here. I got the path added to my environemt, and i also have the command in the tools folder of android sdk. can someone help me? if u have windows messenger, i can video chat with u and show u my screen and u can help me that way too.

OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
now im on the lastest ota update. any easy way to deodex with the newest update?

tatuud

Reaction score
Haven't read anywhere yet where someone has done it manually. Really I don't think there's a point to doing it manually since all current roms do it for you by replacing the system files. Unless its for a personal challenge I did see 1 person attempt it but I don't think he succeeded. I manually did 2.3.15 but just let my current rom do it for me. Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
On the latest I do believe if you update to any ROM it'll deodex for you. I'm on the leak and flashed RubiX direct from the system only 2.3.340 sbf. It should hold true for the OTA but I'd check around a bit before you try anything.