BigDX Serenity theme from Bignadad

pkbest

Reaction score
I would suggest doing everything manually as apposed to doing it through rom manager. That way you can make sure everything gets done right.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I guess I am confused. I know this was asked by another user but now that people are replying I am confused too. When I flashed Squidly's FullBlur Rom, All I did was put it on my SD Card. Clicked Bootstrap Recovery, and then the second button which rebooted me. Then I clicked install from SD card. it installed, rebooted, took a few minutes to load..and Viola! Squidly Rom. Is this the "incorrect" way to do it? PS. I looked at my "backups" from Advanced Backup, and my rooted stock image is there..no others..cuz i havent made any other backups. Am I correct in what I did or have I completely did this a half arsed way?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's basically it as long as you mounted the system before you flashed. I don't really know what the implications would be if not though.

pkbest

Reaction score
That's basically it as long as you mounted the system before you flashed. I don't really know what the implications would be if not though.

The system mounts itself the minute i remove my cable from my pc? It wont allow a flash if card isnt mounted.

Mike55

Reaction score
I got to the clockwork app and all that mounted it and loaded it up it got to the droid animation screen and stayed there for a while. Phone wouldn't do anything so I did a batt pull and recovery incase something was messed up

Thanks for the help jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

The system mounts itself the minute i remove my cable from my pc? It wont allow a flash if card isnt mounted.

The system and the sdcard are two totally different things.

Syko

Reaction score
I was waiting for the Purple theme but I curiosity got the better of me so I went with the blue to hold me over until the purple gets ported. I installed it over Squidly's 2.3.20.1 ROM and it's fantastic! My GF saw it and insisted I put the pink on hers and it looks great too. Thanks Squidly for porting these over. I will be sending you (and bignadad) some well deserved support as soon as I can.

The droid eye live wallpaper doesn't work for blue.

I'm having the same issue with both the blue & pink versions. I tried to uninstall it (so I could then reinstall) by accessing it in the BigDX folder but the uninstall was unsuccessful. Was there a solution? I read thru this thread & the theme devs thread but must have overlooked it.

Also, I feel really silly about this but I can't seem to figure out how to get my weather info to show up on the fancy widget. And...is there a way to have the stock motorola weather (AccuWeather) window appear upon tapping the weather part of the fancy widget? I can't find that app in the list of apps that can be launched thru tapping fancy widget. It's prolly something simple but I'm not seeing it.

Finally, being a bit new at this, I think I understand but I just wanted to make sure. The reason some of the apps (that are listed as themed) are not themed is due to them being different versions than the themed apps. If I want them themed, I need to uninstall and install them by finding them in the BigDX folder correct? I noticed that gmail, is no longer themed after an update and Audio Manager fails when attempting to update from the market.

Thanks,
Syko

EDIT: Figured out how to get my weather to show up. Didn't realize that the "Use GPS" wasn't selected. Works great now.

Last edited:
OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I will have the rest up this weekend working on it now.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
All of the colors are up now the ones that say 1/9 are updated I will update older ones this week.

Blabomb

Reaction score
Squidly I love your ROM's and appreciate all you do. Once I get some money on my pp I will donate :)

Blabomb

Reaction score
O and is there a way to change the appearance of apps that aren't included in the theme? Such as handcent and a lot of other apps and games?

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Check the bigdx folder on your sdcard you will find what you look for install through files/package installer.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
What apk is it your trying to install.
Dolphin HD. I successfully installed fancy widgets but dolphin fails.
aefcbac2-bd56-9008.jpg