Need some help reverting to stock rom

JonRoberts238

Reaction score
Ok so I bought a used droid 2 today from a friend that is rooted and has been flashed with a custom rom. I bought the phone for my wife and she just wants the phone set back to the original factory settings.

The guy I bought it from didnt back up the stock ROM and says the phone was flashed before the Gingerbread update. Is it possible to get back to the firmware? If so any links or guides for doing so would be much appreciated. Im actually thinking about doing the same for my phone.

phone says it is running:

Android version 2.2.1
baseband BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernel 2.6.32.9-g462500f dbretzm1@ii93lnxdroid22 #1
build number Fission_2.5.7_BE
Mod/Rom Version Fission_2.5.7_BE_Droid2

also has Droid 2 bootstrap recovery and was rooted with z4root 1.3.0 I dont know if any of that info is helpful just trying to give you guys everything I know hoping to find a answer.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am on my way out the door right now so I cant answer any questions until a little bit later but go HERE and check this out. It has all the necessary stuff you will need to get your wife's D2 back to stock. If you want to continue to gather information just do some quick research on how to "SBF."

OP
J

JonRoberts238

Reaction score
ok I downloaded the sbf. Im assuming this is gingerbread being 2.3?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No the 2.3.20 is the system version. The SBF will take the phone back to OS version 2.2.1 (froyo).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
J

JonRoberts238

Reaction score
ok yeah i see that now. Im guessing it will receive the update for gingerbread from verizon like all always.

on another note phone just rebooted into froyo! thanks for the link i guess i suck at google cause i been searching all evening lol

blah ok new problem I followed this guide to the T. I also got the PASS confirmation from RSD. But my phone is stuck in boot loop YAY any advice?

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Did you boot into stock recovery and do the factory reset and cache wipe? That normally is done after the SBF and it should take care of your bootloop, sorry I would have mentioned it but you dove right in lol.

OP
J

JonRoberts238

Reaction score
lol no I didnt and I already dove in again reflashing the sbf haha soon as it gets done if im still having the same issue I will give that a try. down on the volume and power button right?

lol I had another issue that I corrected already. seems RSD doesnt like long file names and has a habit of adding junk characters after the .sbf lol took me awhile to figure out on my on but 2 seconds on google.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Ok well when it is done power down the phone aka pull out battery. When you put it back in, slide open the keyboard, hold in x and then hold the power button. This should get you to the exclamation point. When it does hit the search button (magnifying glass) and once you are in there use the volume rocker to navigate in recovery and use the camera button to select. After running the factory reset and cache wipe, reboot phone and you should be ok.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You may also need to reprogram the phone once you are done by dialing *228 and selecting option 1.

Your wife, or you depending on whose phone it is, will have to sign into their google account or set one up if one doesn't exist already.

OP
J

JonRoberts238

Reaction score
Thanks, all is well. I just checked manually for system updates and it said it is up to date? Gingerbread (2.3) did launch for the D2 right?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Awesome!! Glad I could help!!
Ironically enough while I was walking you through it I successfully SBFed my DX and nothing blew up :biggrin:, not that I expected it to lol

I dont think it is officially launched. I know it was being tested. Give me a minute to look for the article I just read not too long ago and I will link you to it if you would like.