Need some convincing

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I've been thinking about flashing cm7 lately and i'm wondering what are some of the advantages of cm7 over stock(which im currently on)?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tons of customization, changing themes without a reboot, really fast, tons of options, no Blur, nightlies all the time, Android 2.3.5, and way more.

MIUI

clouse2013

Reaction score
yeah its just fast as hell. Lots of little customizations. For instance, music controls while the screen is off using the volume and camera buttons. No random reboots(depends on the nightly but very rare), etc... I will never go back to a non source based rom to be honest.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah its just fast as hell. Lots of little customizations. For instance, music controls while the screen is off using the volume and camera buttons. No random reboots(depends on the nightly but very rare), etc... I will never go back to a non source based rom to be honest.

I agree. I tried to go back to a GB based ROM and I was back on CM7 in an hour...

MIUI

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
So im already downloading the 8-5 nightly as I speak, but I'm confused about one part. after I install the nightly from bootstrap it says to install from zip gapps-gb-20110613-signed zip. Do I just install those just like I install cm7?

Chaos2092

Reaction score
Yessir. I could NOT be happier with CM7. Once they fix all these little bugs it will be the PERFECT ROM.

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Cm7 is awesome!!! Finally no stupid blur, where can I find themes? If I'm correct don't the themes have to be specific for the phone?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cm7 is awesome!!! Finally no stupid blur, where can I find themes? If I'm correct don't the themes have to be specific for the phone?

Just search the market for CM7 themes. They don't have to be phone specific

MIUI