need solid opinions

Drew_P

Reaction score
I recently used the one click method to root and unlock my note 2.....now I have no idea what to do as far as a rom. It will be my first time flashing a rom, but I know I would like to keep all or most of samsung's features: s pen, muti window, etc. Just want some opinions on which ones keep all the functionality and are stable. I know there are some real flash-a-holics on here so any opinions would be appreciated. And maybe any help on how to actually flash would be great. I've looked on YouTube and followed some videos but for some reason couldn't get the rom on my sd card to be able to flash it. Luckily I was able to get back to stock with my backup (the first and most important thing I did)

Anyways Thanks in advance.....

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Beans 12 is a great ROM and keeps the TW functionality...I have also heard great things about MeanBean but I never tested it before I migrated to AOSP ;)...

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I recently used the one click method to root and unlock my note 2.....now I have no idea what to do as far as a rom. It will be my first time flashing a rom, but I know I would like to keep all or most of samsung's features: s pen, muti window, etc. Just want some opinions on which ones keep all the functionality and are stable. I know there are some real flash-a-holics on here so any opinions would be appreciated. And maybe any help on how to actually flash would be great. I've looked on YouTube and followed some videos but for some reason couldn't get the rom on my sd card to be able to flash it. Luckily I was able to get back to stock with my backup (the first and most important thing I did)

Anyways Thanks in advance.....

Im in the exact same boat as you, I want all of samsungs little conveniences but with better battery life and more freedom over the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
You have some good choices in TW Roms.. I've run Beans.. Cleanrom.. Tweaked and Wulf... I'm hearing good things on Mean.... I'd pick one see how ya like it and go from there.. Make them backups.. I've not found any ROM improving on battery to be honest.. It's more of customization which is best.. Stock can give ya great battery results.. Also there are a few kernels but we'll get to that later on... :D
Good luck keep us posted..

Noted2x..

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the replies. I had heard such good things about beans that I wanted to try it. I tried to download the rom on my phone but after it was done all that downloaded was a page asking me to sign up for something or other and then it would let me download it. Do I have to download roms on my laptop and then plug and transfer to my sd card?? I'm itching to get flashing lol

no I'm not happy to see you, it's just a note 2 in my pocket

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Im in the exact same boat as you, I want all of samsungs little conveniences but with better battery life and more freedom over the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

If they come out with roms that improve on the stock battery life I may need to throw away my charger lol

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Wow thanks for all the replies. I had heard such good things about beans that I wanted to try it. I tried to download the rom on my phone but after it was done all that downloaded was a page asking me to sign up for something or other and then it would let me download it. Do I have to download roms on my laptop and then plug and transfer to my sd card?? I'm itching to get flashing lol

I've downloaded both beans &tweaked tonight ..straight on the phone ..no issues ..let me know which one gives ya troubles ..they should be good from ROM thread ..

Noted2x..