What's the best ROM?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I've been running my bionic stock root for like 2 Weeks and was going to flash a ROM. What ROM is everyone using? Just trying to get some opinions. I need something very stable for work.
Thanks

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I like DroidTheories ROMs and Liberty for the Bionic - I have not tried the ICS build by dhacker29 but it is getting great reviews in the early stages and he has came a long ways with it already.

Battery life on the DT's ROMs always seemed better but the Liberty ROM offered a bit more customization (no clock removal mod, carrier text edit) so that is what I am running currently.

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Thanks for you're opinion. I was thinking about flashing liberty also. Just have to read up about how to do it using safestrap...

Smeech

Reaction score
I like them all, I'm currently on Eclipse 2.1 since it's .901 compatible with no tweaks needed, I like the Launcher and the base "theme" is pretty nice. It's well polished.

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Are there any issues with any of them? Like data/4g, wifi, USB anything like that? I was a flash-a-holic when I had my Droid1 but this phone its awesome and just want it to be stable as it is now...

kc6wke

Reaction score
Are there any issues with any of them? Like data/4g, wifi, USB anything like that? I was a flash-a-holic when I had my Droid1 but this phone its awesome and just want it to be stable as it is now...

Cant get usb tether (pdanet,easytether) to connect on eclipse 2.1

Concistency

Reaction score
I like all the Th3ory roms, and Eclipse. Make sure to check out mastur_mods theme for th3ory rom, it's pretty nice.

cjj2d

Reaction score
Wifi tether works with eclipse 2.1.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using DroidForums

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
I like all the Th3ory roms, and Eclipse. Make sure to check out mastur_mods theme for th3ory rom, it's pretty nice.

mastur mods theme is nice but incomplete. He Moved onto gnex and abandoned the bionic. Theme is dead. Eclipse is the best rom right now. Donate to them not to theory team. They take the money and run to the newest device. Leaving you hanging.

Sent from my ICED Bionic

Dante2011

Reaction score
Is there a rom that lets you change the stock calendar. I need the calendar to save ics files to my google calendar. Its a real pain when someone emails me meeting info in .ics and the only thing i can do is open it and put it on the phone calendar. I want to open the .ics file with busines calendar or something, so that it syncs with my google calendar, which then makes it to my desktop and my ipad etc.

As I recall Google created Android. Why make a platform that wont sync naturally with your own calendar? or am I missing something.

Anyway, same questions as the rest in this thread, outside of my calendar deal, what is the best current rom?