Need original firmare PLEASE =(

bmxmster

Reaction score
Hi, I need an original copy of the firmware that comes in the d2 when you buy it that I can use through the factory recovery update option in the recovery menu. It is now the only option i have and idk what to do I can not find a copy anywhere.
All help is highly appreciated, thanks Bmxmster

OP
bmxmster

bmxmster

Reaction score
What you need to do is sbf so that you can install the original D2 firmware. You can't do it out of a factory data reset.

The link I'm giving you will provide you wither every thing you need.

Hope this helps:
TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

ok thank you but if i have to use RSD Lite it probably wont work cuz it didnt work the first three times i tried it. My phone wont even go past the motorola M anymore =(

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So if you use RSD Lite and successfully get the firmware installed you can then boot into recovery and do a wipe data and cache. That will stop the boot loop.

Matter of fact if you want since you're in factory data reset now let it do it's thing and then try sbf. This can be fixed.

OP
bmxmster

bmxmster

Reaction score
So if you use RSD Lite and successfully get the firmware installed you can then boot into recovery and do a wipe data and cache. That will stop the boot loop.

Matter of fact if you want since you're in factory data reset now let it do it's thing and then try sbf. This can be fixed.

I have one major problem tho now, unless i start my phone in recovery it wont go past the M so idk how to do the sbf without turning the phone on?

OP
bmxmster

bmxmster

Reaction score
oh ya and when I open recovery by starting holding X then pressing the search button these are my opptions

Android system recovery <3e>
Use Volume Up/Down to highligh and camera to select
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
---------------------------------------------------------

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

OK.....................................................................Hide

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh ya and when I open recovery by starting holding X then pressing the search button these are my opptions

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. Can you scroll wipe data/factory reset? Or is that the response you get when you try to open it?

OP
bmxmster

bmxmster

Reaction score

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. Can you scroll wipe data/factory reset? Or is that the response you get when you try to open it?

I can scroll but i when i do all the options it doesnt fix anything, and i was just asking what that prompt means and if it is normal? oh and does rsd lite 4.8 have trouble running on windows 7? cuz i have a xp computer here aswell?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

I can scroll but i when i do all the options it doesnt fix anything, and i was just asking what that prompt means and if it is normal? oh and does rsd lite 4.8 have trouble running on windows 7? cuz i have a xp computer here aswell?

The three times I did it with the link I gave you I did it with Windows XP. It's the only Windows I have in the house. Well, the only version I could use I have Vista on my Mac but RSDLite won't work with a virtual machine.

It should work on Windows 7, I know it works on XP.

And the message you're getting sound like it can't get into those areas of recovery.

I'm going to move this thread out of general discussion, in case we need additional help.

OP
bmxmster

bmxmster

Reaction score

The three times I did it with the link I gave you I did it with Windows XP. It's the only Windows I have in the house. Well, the only version I could use I have Vista on my Mac but RSDLite won't work with a virtual machine.

It should work on Windows 7, I know it works on XP.

And the message you're getting sound like it can't get into those areas of recovery.

I'm going to move this thread out of general discussion, in case we need additional help.

ok please do cuz ive been without a phone for three days now and i gotta try and fix this before work i gotta leave in around 2 hours

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to go now, but I'll alert RS members that you may need some assistance. Are you able to get anywhere with the sbf?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Can you get to the bootloader? Not recovery.
Power off and when you power back on hold down the up button on the d pad instead of the x.
That's where you need to be to use RSD.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
bmxmster

bmxmster

Reaction score
Can you get to the bootloader? Not recovery.
Power off and when you power back on hold down the up button on the d pad instead of the x.
That's where you need to be to use RSD.

Sent from somewhere...

yes i can it automatically goes into bootloader if i plug it into my computer when it is off but i think i fugured out the problem its the fact that im using windows 7 cuz i just went into the other room and installed rsd lite on my xp computer and it found it instantly and it doesnt on my windows 7 so ill try it and ill keep ya posted thanks

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok.....hope it works. RSDlite can be pretty fickle, but I know most have success with and XP machine. Vista and 7 seem to be hit and miss sometimes.

Sent from somewhere...