need lp a.s.a.p. PLEASE!!!!!

chalie1980

Reaction score
so i rooted my incredible, went to the app store and gor the rom app to download roms, the 1st one i tried was jager something, and well there is not even an app store app, well long story short i dont like it and the backup file i made to restore it will not work. i am new to all this and tried a few things i saw here but still no luck, can i just delete all the files and folders in my droid thru my computer and copy and paste all the files from my other droid incredible.....if not what can i do to get it back to how it was, i got close once but when i slide the bar down it keeps loading....i waited an hour and still was loading

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Hi. Sorry for your problems. Could you please clean that up a bit and make it a little more clear what's going on?

Are you saying you installed ROM Manager, didn't like it, and when you tried to restore a backup you had a problem?

OP
chalie1980

chalie1980

Reaction score
Yes my backup to the original rom didn't work... what I have now in cyanogen 2 I think. What I am trying to do is find a sweet ROM that will let me sync a wii remote to my Droid incredible as I heard of a few that support it but I don't want to pay for roms as I don't think they worth paying for...atleast have not seen any I would payfor as of yet. I had yajer rom I think it was called and it took away the app store and a bunch of other stuff like my backup of my origanal incredible rom.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I don't know of any ROMs that support it natively but there is (or at least was) an app in the market that let you do it.

Actually, looks like there might be two, but they will NOT work with Sense or the Samsung skin. If you're running a non-Sense ROM then you probably should be able to get it working.

As for a ROM that would be better for you than CM I couldn't say. I don't own one. :)

OP
chalie1980

chalie1980

Reaction score
I have no idea what sence is or anything I'm brand new to this all I know is I'm rooted with clockwork and running cyanogen 2. Do you think you can point me in the right direction to get it running as the wii app don't work on the incredible. Also how I can get the original rom back incase I need to send the phone back like for insurance pourpose or something. Thanks a ton in advance for any help u can provide.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Sense UI is the skin HTC puts over the Android OS when they install/update it. ROMs like CyanogenMod do not have Sense, so you're good to try it out. :) Even a paid app has a 15-minute return window, so if it won't work you can return it.

OP
chalie1980

chalie1980

Reaction score
I tried it I hear it works with cyanogen 3 but I can't find the rom in my rom app. Nor can I find the original rom for the incredible.....guess I have to cut my losses. If you hear anything or stumble accross rather of these plz give me a heads up if u remember. Thanks.

OP
chalie1980

chalie1980

Reaction score
If I ditch the rom manager how do I get Rome then and do I still apply them with my clockwork app.

OP
chalie1980

chalie1980

Reaction score
What is that rc2 download.....is that the stock rom? Sorry for the ton of questions

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
How do you get them? You download them manually. ROM Manager often screws up the downloads anyway. You have to install them manually.

That's CyanogenMod 7 (Gingerbread) release candidate 2 -- as in the second possible version that COULD be the final one. :)