need help

evojoeix

Reaction score
i just followed the video on how to load the Epic rom into my droid 2. now all my phone does is stay on the epic screen with the driod guy and the spotlight... what am i supposed to do? how can i restore my backup rom?

Taegost

Reaction score
Did you wipe your data and cache before you installed the ROM? That's what used to happen to me on my OG Droid if I didn't wipe.
I would reboot into recovery, and choose the options to wipe both cache and memory again... Sometimes it doesn't completely clear it out the first time (I usually do them 2-3 times each if I'm doing it manually, but I'm just really anal like that)

D

dankarlinski

if you cannot get into clockwork (i have had strange problems with that form time to time) you can turn the hpone off, and then turn it back on holding the "x" key. when you see the "!" inside a triangle, hit the search (magnifying glass) on the slide out keyboard. this is the stock recovery mode, and is only really good for emergency cache/data wipes.

anyways, once in there, navigate around just like you would with clockwork and wipe the cache+data. it is the same thing as doing it in clockwork, but this will work if you cannot reach clockwork

OP
E

evojoeix

Reaction score
i tried wiping the data and cache. still does the same thing. why wont it go past this screen? i followed all directions perfectly

OP
E

evojoeix

Reaction score
so i followed the steps and tried to unroot the phone with a sbf

now when i boot my phone all i get is the bootloader screen and it says :

Bootloader
D2.37
Err: A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
Ok to program
Connect USB
Data cable....

what can i do now? i dont even get the EPIC screen anymore, it just stays on bootloader

Dustin.

Reaction score
What you need to do now is reflash your phone. You pretty much bricked it. (Not to worry, we'll get you back up and running)

Download the FULL Droid2 SBF from - TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Download RSD Lite 4.8 OR 4.9! NO LOWER!

Now if you haven't already setup ADB on your computer. (If using Windows 7 follow this tutorial. If you already have it, then disregard this step.)

ADB Instructions - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...b-windows-7-64bit-should-also-work-32bit.html

1. Put phone into Bootloader (Already done if your still at that screen.)
2. Open RSD Lite 4.8/4.9
3. Plug phone in, and you should see it pop up.
4. Hit the ... Button and select the Droid2 SBF you've downloaded from MDW. (MAKE SURE ITS UNZIPPED!)
5. Hit "Flash" then let the process run through until its 100% complete and you should be good to go!

OP
E

evojoeix

Reaction score
followed your instructions and i still get the same exact screen

OP
E

evojoeix

Reaction score
do i only flash the sbf file to the phone or do i have to flash all 3 of them files to it?

Dustin.

Reaction score
Do you get "Flash Successful" in RSD Lite?

EDIT - No, you flash the FULL SBF.

Last edited:
OP
E

evojoeix

Reaction score
no, it just reboots my phone, then says finished. and the phone goes right back to the bootloader

Dustin.

Reaction score
If that doesn't work, I'm almost off work.

PM me your Gtalk if you have one and I'll continue to try and help you further.

And turn your phone off to save the battery.

OP
E

evojoeix

Reaction score
i cant boot the phone in recovery anymore. it just takes me straight to bootloader

Dustin.

Reaction score
Really, the only way I know of and can think of, is to SBF back to stock, I don't see how if your getting flash successful and still not able to boot up.

OP
E

evojoeix

Reaction score
i gave up. i have a new phone coming. im never trying to hack a droid again after this