rom installation error?

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by kaos29, Oct 8, 2010.

1. kaos29

kaos29 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After installing the EPIC 2.5 rom through rom manager, the phone boots back up to the default rom, with the green android guy making me enter my gmail account etc. I try to restore only to find that my rom manager is gone. After reinstalling it, i attempt to restore back before i tried to install the rom, and upon rebooting, the phone gets locked at the motorola M logo instead of booting into recovery mode. After a battery pull, it seems that all of my apps are back, but i still can't boot into recovery mode. How can I fix the issue and install the epic rom without the issue happening again? thanks

2. Redflea

Redflea Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    If you still have Droid 2 Bootstrapper, run it, select bootstrap, then select launch recovery.

When Clockwork Recovery launches you can install as you wish.

Did you wipe data/cache as a part of installing the ROM the first time? Sounds like you had wiped data and the phone was just trying to set itself up again...

Also - there are several ROMs released based on a newer OS version than Epic, look in the Angdroid section in ROMs if you want to get the most recent D2 version available.

3. kaos29

kaos29 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, it worked. I figured out that i installed the rom wrong, so that worked too.

Search tags for this page

android errors rom install

android rom errors

droid 2 rom error install

error 26 during rom manager installation

error installing rom

error status 6 droid razr rom

no signature error installing android rom

rom installation errors

rom installation errors available

rom manager installation error 26