Need help with my gmail

mmelton

Reaction score
I have 2 gmail accounts that I use. One for the general public and one for friends / family. I was able to define both gmail accounts in the gmail application on my DROID X. The problem is that the gmail app does not actively monitor both at the same time but just one. I have gone through the settings on both and they seem identical. Have I missed something or can the gmail app not track multiple accounts at the same time?

Any help would be appreciated! :)

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I believe you can set up both gmail accounts in the "email" application, and I think this allows for the universal inbox. However, I don't believe that you can have multiple accounts pushed to the gmail app. I'd try to set up both in the email app.

I have 2 gmail accounts that I use. One for the general public and one for friends / family. I was able to define both gmail accounts in the gmail application on my DROID X. The problem is that the gmail app does not actively monitor both at the same time but just one. I have gone through the settings on both and they seem identical. Have I missed something or can the gmail app not track multiple accounts at the same time?

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Droids

Reaction score
I have 3 gmail accounts setup in the gmail app. All three get mail continuously. Never had an issue with any of the accounts. Not sure why you are having problems. Delete and re-add the problem account?

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I have three gmail accounts and can get all of them on my phone. You have to set each account up, through the MY ACCOUNTS (under Settings). Just add an account and click the options that you want to sync with (gmail, calendar, contacts). Once you do this, you'll get the "DROID" sound (at least that's how my X is set up) or whatever notification that you have whenever you receive a gmail email.

Once you have set up all your accounts, you go to your gmail icon, click the menu button, select ACCOUNTS and it will bring up all your Gmail accounts. The Accounts will tell you which account has the new email.

So far, this has worked for me. It doesn't clutter up my home page with numerous email account icons.

OP
mmelton

mmelton

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. Unfortunately, even after trying all the steps, I still have the same problem. So, I guess I'll just keep pinging my second gmail account manually. This is not optimal as I have already missed some time sensitive emails (my son missed a basketball practice for one). But it is what it is. Maybe I will be able to download another gmail account app and just point it to the second gmail.

Anyway, thanks everyone for trying! :)