1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question re: primary gmail account

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by JAB 67, Jul 20, 2010.

1. JAB 67

JAB 67 New Member

I'm new to gmail and android, so please bear with me. I want to have two gmail accounts on my DX, one for my business and one for personal. When I import my contacts from my present system (a Palm device) what is the significance of choosing the account into which those contacts are imported? Can I link both my gmail accounts to a single set of contacts? I don't want to have to make a duplicate set, because I will then never keep the updates straight. TIA.
  2. GolfProRM

GolfProRM New Member

You'll have access to the whole list regardless of what account you're sending mail from. The main significance is which of your Google accounts do you want all of your contacts stored on.
  3. JAB 67

JAB 67 New Member

So I gather from your answer that it doesn't matter which one, as long as I store and manage my accounts from only one account?
  4. GolfProRM

GolfProRM New Member

You could very well put your personal contacts with your personal account and your professional ones on your professional account. If any contacts do overlap, you'll only see one contact on your phone. The phone will show you the details of both versions and you can adjust both versions easily.
  5. kpiskin

kpiskin New Member

Right, I keep my contacts separate, but a few of them have both emails because they are family or close friends. So the answer is that you can do either or both.