Need help with frozen DX2!!!

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by workman482, Nov 4, 2011.

1. workman482

workman482 New Member

Hey guys, I've had my stock X2 for a few months now and have had no problems until yesterday. My phone randomly restarted yesterday and when it booted back up it got stuck on the red droid "eye" screen. When i hit the power button to try to shut it off it goes to a black screen and then nothing. Plugged it into the charger and the locked home screen comes on but has a time of 6 and the date is 1 January with no service at the top,but i can receive calls. Battery pulled the phone, stuck on the red eye again. Did factory reset via the service menu, alloed me to set up my gmail, but then same problem afterwards.

Any ideas? Would I be able to root my phone and load a rom? Verizon is sending me a certified replacement, I just dont want to wait and be without my phone.
  2. Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89 New Member

3. rbrumm

rbrumm New Member

I have the same problem and I do not know what SBF or any of the othe initials mean. :mad:
  4. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 New Member

The link al posted should have all your answers as how to SBF. It's quite simple...takes about 15-20 minutes once you have everything downloaded on your PC/laptop. Just download the right drivers for Motorola's RSD lite and the right SBF file, unzip file with 7zip, open RSD lite, drag file over to the program, compress. Turn phone off. Hold volume down and power until you see fastboot. Volume down till you see RSD, volume up. Plug phone in computer and 'start' the flash on RSD lite. Phone should be fine and on complete stock after flashing.

Sent from my DROID X2
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
Search tags for this page
blank screen on droid x2
cannot turn off droid x2 frozen screen

droid x2 frozen

droid x2 frozen black screen
droid x2 frozen screen
droid x2 screen frozen
droid x2 stuck at black screen
frozen droid x2
frozen screen droid x2
how do i turn off a frozen droid x2
how to reset droid x2 black screen
my android x2 is stuck on the home screen it says it is 6 p.
my driod x2 frozen
my droid x2 is stuck in the red eye
power on droid x2 goes to red eye then to blank screen?