Need help with frozen DX2!!!

workman482

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've had my stock X2 for a few months now and have had no problems until yesterday. My phone randomly restarted yesterday and when it booted back up it got stuck on the red droid "eye" screen. When i hit the power button to try to shut it off it goes to a black screen and then nothing. Plugged it into the charger and the locked home screen comes on but has a time of 6 and the date is 1 January with no service at the top,but i can receive calls. Battery pulled the phone, stuck on the red eye again. Did factory reset via the service menu, alloed me to set up my gmail, but then same problem afterwards.

Any ideas? Would I be able to root my phone and load a rom? Verizon is sending me a certified replacement, I just dont want to wait and be without my phone.

rbrumm

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've had my stock X2 for a few months now and have had no problems until yesterday. My phone randomly restarted yesterday and when it booted back up it got stuck on the red droid "eye" screen. When i hit the power button to try to shut it off it goes to a black screen and then nothing. Plugged it into the charger and the locked home screen comes on but has a time of 6 and the date is 1 January with no service at the top,but i can receive calls. Battery pulled the phone, stuck on the red eye again. Did factory reset via the service menu, alloed me to set up my gmail, but then same problem afterwards.

Any ideas? Would I be able to root my phone and load a rom? Verizon is sending me a certified replacement, I just dont want to wait and be without my phone.

I have the same problem and I do not know what SBF or any of the othe initials mean. :mad:

Trip3601211

Reaction score
The link al posted should have all your answers as how to SBF. It's quite simple...takes about 15-20 minutes once you have everything downloaded on your PC/laptop. Just download the right drivers for Motorola's RSD lite and the right SBF file, unzip file with 7zip, open RSD lite, drag file over to the program, compress. Turn phone off. Hold volume down and power until you see fastboot. Volume down till you see RSD, volume up. Plug phone in computer and 'start' the flash on RSD lite. Phone should be fine and on complete stock after flashing.

Sent from my DROID X2

Last edited: