need help with D2

droidkfx

Reaction score
I am trying to unroot my D2 but for some reason my z4 root app is missing. Hen I try and download it again it keeps telling me my phone didn't support that app. Any idea why and what I need to do.

OP
D

droidkfx

Reaction score
I just checked and it was checked. What would that cause?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To install apps that are not on the market that must be unchecked. Did you root only or did you root and use bootstrap recovery.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if it wasn't checked you wouldnt be able to install outside apps. where did you get your copy of z4root?

OP
D

droidkfx

Reaction score
I found it from a thread on here. I found it and reinstalled it now thanks. I did use the bootstrap recovery bit I tried to reinstall my stock settings and it said something like the file was empty.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you used bootstrap, the fastest and BEST way to get back to stock, especially if you sending ot back to vzw, will be to do a sbf.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
this is true, the bootstrap sometimes gets a little sticky and hangs around after you delete it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
this is true, the bootstrap sometimes gets a little sticky and hangs around after you delete it.

Right, see bootstrap app renames the logwrapper file and unrooting dont fix the system file, it just prevent you from having access to the system folder. Now you can technically rename it back to what is was suppose to be. But if you are going to go back to factory the best thing to do is to use sbf. See sbf rewrite your system folder back to factory which is how you bought it. And that is why I recommend any one who has tampered with the system folder to do an sbf before returning it back to motorola.

OP
D

droidkfx

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for all the info. I'm downloading the sbf file now.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you run in to trouble while flashing, one or both of us can help. pc wrote the book on sbfing.