Need help w/Contacts CallerID

GGPC

Reaction score
Hello, I just moved over from the Blackberry world and am pretty new to Droid. My company uses Google Apps premier so the transition was pretty easy as far as migrating email and calendar. I have all of my contacts loaded through Google and on my phone without a problem (wish I could list them last name first), but when I receive a call it just shows the number. Is their any way to natively or through a 3rd party program to have the incoming call display the name/pic along with the phone number if the call is from someone listed in my contacts? I appreciate any help and have not really found an answer searching the forums.

Benton

Reaction score
This is a bit strange, my contacts and photo ID's all appear when the caller calls me or I call them. Are you using the Droid's native contact application or different?

OP
G

GGPC

Reaction score
I am using the native contacts application. Granted I do not have a lot of contact photos, but the caller id is not even showing the caller name. All I get is the phone number.

Benton

Reaction score
How are your phone numbers formatted? I'm kind of taking stabs at this but are you using area codes? Any prefix before the contacts area codes? My contacts just use country code (if non-US), area code then number, a US number will look like xxx-xxx-xxxx...10 digits plus two hyphens total. I do not use a 00 or 01 or 1 before the numbers listed, could this be a difference? Again taking stabs so sorry if this isn't working out but I haven't heard of this issue and on my Droid, even my brother-in-law and mother-in-law have their name, pic and number show up when they call me, they live in China!

JoeKacz

Reaction score
I'm going to bounce / hijack this thread. Similar situation, but the display is not my phone, but rather my wife's in-dash GPS/stereo in her car. She recently got a Droid, converted from a curve. The droid will pair up with her system (Pioneer AVIC U310BT) via bluetooth, all contacts are transferred, etc. However, when she gets an incoming call, the number displays, but not the name.

The only thing I can think of is that it's the automatic hyphens the droid places in the numbers. For example: in the phone's contacts, a phone number will be saved as 123-456-7890. When calling her phone, the droid itself shows name/photo, etc. just fine, but the car's display shows 'incoming call: 1234567890'. Any help?