need help rooting.....

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
I attempted to root with z4root on my droid x. I kept coming up with ! error when flashing. Gave up and tried to factory reset and format sd card. Something saved somewhere and im being brought to the black screen with green writing, rocker scrolls and camera selects. when I reboot it boots to where I am still rooted with z4root.............any help welcome....the more detail and step by step the better. Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I attempted to root with z4root on my droid x. I kept coming up with ! error when flashing. Gave up and tried to factory reset and format sd card. Something saved somewhere and im being brought to the black screen with green writing, rocker scrolls and camera selects. when I reboot it boots to where I am still rooted with z4root.............any help welcome....the more detail and step by step the better. Thanks

What error was it saying while flashing?

OP
L

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
not sure what the error is. The M for Motorola comes up. The box, arrow and andy. then ! triangle. droid eye, lock screen and Im rooted with Z4root and bootstrap installed...this is also what happens when I factory reset except It starts me on the screen were its in the upper left, green writing, and rocker control...

Jolly

Reaction score
Use the 2.2 full SBF file and start over.

Sent from my Droid X

Reaction score
go to tweakmydevice.com

he has step by step instructions how to flash a sbf.

you can find them here too ....

just go slow - read before you act and you will be alright ...

He also has directions how to root there ...

OP
L

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
thanks i love the website so far but when they say install drivers and setup.....you will need a .rar file extractor so download here.....Which one

Jolly

Reaction score
thanks i love the website so far but when they say install drivers and setup.....you will need a .rar file extractor so download here.....Which one

Any free .rar extractor will work

Sent from my Droid X

OP
L

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
when I get to step 11 for drivers is get this.... Select Device
The foler you specified doesnt contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with windows for x64-based systems....im learning and thanks

maderschramm

Reaction score
The foler you specified doesnt contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with windows for x64-based systems....im learning and thanks

This is for the .sbf? I'm looking at the document and step 11 seems to have to do with the recovery mode.

I actually wrote a guide on sbfing. Check my signature for details. It's pretty concise and easy to follow.

mran

Reaction score

very good
thanks you