Need help picking new phone out.

ubyte

Reaction score
My contract for my DROID x goes out in a couple of weeks and I want to upgrade. I love my DX and would love to stay with it but the home button is not working unless I push it real hard. So I have a reason for the upgrade.

Where I live I don't get 4g and I would not have the benefit of utilizing the 4g speed. And I heard that where you don't get the 4g it drains the battery.

I love the screen size of the DX as it is not to big like the galaxy note and not to small like the iphone.

I love the software keyboard on the DX but hate the HTC keyboard. I am not a fan of the physical keyboard on any phone.

I am on Verizon as well. I was able to get the unlimited data and was grandfathered in. I know that the unlimited days are drawing short and have signed the petition to stop Verizon from forcing limits. But if I am able to update and still keep the same unlimited data that would be awesome.

I was looking at the droid razor max and wanted to get everyones thought on that.

Also I want ICS and don't want a phone that will not get it. And I dabble in the roms and would love to get a phone that doesn't have the limitations.

Thanks,
Ubyte

Beka27

Reaction score
From what I understand, the Maxx is a great phone. I would try to get your upgrade bumped up to before the unlimited cut-off is (June 28th). Some folks are getting early upgrades if they call and ask. All the phones are 4G now so that's not even really an option. But if battery is a concern b/c of your lack of 4g, than I agree that the Maxx might be the way to go.

OP
ubyte

ubyte

Reaction score
Thanks beka27.

I really haven't heard anything bad about the max but just want to make sure that I get a phone that doesn't suck.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
ubyte said:
Also I want ICS and don't want a phone that will not get it. And I dabble in the roms and would love to get a phone that doesn't have the limitations.

Thanks,
Ubyte

If this is the case and you're not an HTC fan then the S3 might be your best bet. And if it's only a keyboard keeping you from HTC, you could always download a new one.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

OP
ubyte

ubyte

Reaction score
If this is the case and you're not an HTC fan then the S3 might be your best bet. And if it's only a keyboard keeping you from HTC, you could always download a new one.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

What keyboard would be equivalent to the dx? Also what would you recommend with the htc line.

ubyte

OP
ubyte

ubyte

Reaction score
I think it is a toss up between the S3, the Razr Maxx, and Galaxy Nexus. Only problem with the s3 is that it doesn't ship until 7/10. But I think that is the one to go with. But I wonder if that is going to knock me off of the unlimited data if I wait. Might be time to call verizon and find out.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I have the DX and comparing it to the Maxx, it would fit right into your hand and within a day or two would feel right at home. The keyboard on the Maxx is very nice...and of course there is the killer battery.

I also have the Rezound and really like that phone too but for different reasons, the camera on it is out of this world! You can talk and surf at the same time on 3G (you cant on the maxx in 3g). I dont care for the stock keyboard on it and downloaded a different one to use (A.I.type).

I would say your best bet is go to a store and play around with them for a bit and get a feel for them. Both the Rezound and Razr Maxx will get ICS update................someday.
Good luck! =)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you're on a 3g device, you should call now and talk to vzw, they'll probably give you an early upgrade to a 4g device of your choosing.

Even if you just.preorder the S3, you will retain your unlimited data and get the 2 year price.... or the maxx, I personally have and use 2, its an awesome device. And available now. Your call, just CALL before the 27th.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
ubyte

ubyte

Reaction score
I ended up getting the S3. As long as I don't loose the unlimited data I am cool with waiting until the 10th. Thank you guys for all your input it was very helpful.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting the S3. As long as I don't loose the unlimited data I am cool with waiting until the 10th. Thank you guys for all your input it was very helpful.
As long as you did not change your plan, your unlimited will stay intact, good choice, I would go the same route, but just loaded :hail:ICS to my HTC Rezound and love it:icon_ banana:, it should hold me over till next year.