Need Help Installing SDK and DE A2S

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Vulcan1600, May 23, 2010.

1. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +169
    I posted this on the D.E. forum, but thought I might get more views posting in the Rescue Squad area.

My computer motherboard died on me a few days ago. As of last night I am pretty much back up and running. I am having a problem now trying to get the D.E. themes to work. I installed the D.E. Green over the Chaos 1.3.1 ROM. That is all fine. It's the MetaMorph for things like Twitter and Handcent applications.

I went to the android.com website and got the SDK program. I also d/l the new version of A2S (Windows). It's not working. I created an Android folder in c: and I believe it needs a sub-folder /data - I put everything in there and no go. If someone can PM me a link or post here to step me through this, I'd really appreciate it. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. I honestly have no idea how I installed it before on my Vista computer because it worked like a charm on it.

The main reason I need this working is because I use Handcent and have the issue of not being able to see the text and need it themed.

2. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    do you have the java development kit installed as well? i believe it's jdk 6 that the android sdk requires... might be a given, but gotta ask! and also don't forget to change the path in environment variables to your c:\android_whatever\tools directory... i've only used a2s once for installing DE to try it out, but if I remember right, it essentially opens up cmd and does some android sdk stuff right?

3. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +169
    I got this link last night and used it, and now I'm good. In case someone is looking for the same help, this link is invaluable:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-solutions/20687-complete-how.html

4. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    ah, nice writeup

Search tags for this page

a2ssdk