Need Help Installing SDK and DE A2S

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I posted this on the D.E. forum, but thought I might get more views posting in the Rescue Squad area.

My computer motherboard died on me a few days ago. As of last night I am pretty much back up and running. I am having a problem now trying to get the D.E. themes to work. I installed the D.E. Green over the Chaos 1.3.1 ROM. That is all fine. It's the MetaMorph for things like Twitter and Handcent applications.

I went to the android.com website and got the SDK program. I also d/l the new version of A2S (Windows). It's not working. I created an Android folder in c: and I believe it needs a sub-folder /data - I put everything in there and no go. If someone can PM me a link or post here to step me through this, I'd really appreciate it. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. I honestly have no idea how I installed it before on my Vista computer because it worked like a charm on it.

The main reason I need this working is because I use Handcent and have the issue of not being able to see the text and need it themed.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
do you have the java development kit installed as well? i believe it's jdk 6 that the android sdk requires... might be a given, but gotta ask! and also don't forget to change the path in environment variables to your c:\android_whatever\tools directory... i've only used a2s once for installing DE to try it out, but if I remember right, it essentially opens up cmd and does some android sdk stuff right?

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
do you have the java development kit installed as well? i believe it's jdk 6 that the android sdk requires... might be a given, but gotta ask! and also don't forget to change the path in environment variables to your c:\android_whatever\tools directory... i've only used a2s once for installing DE to try it out, but if I remember right, it essentially opens up cmd and does some android sdk stuff right?
I got this link last night and used it, and now I'm good. In case someone is looking for the same help, this link is invaluable:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-solutions/20687-complete-how.html