Need help for rooting

2seunghee

Reaction score
I was rooted my phone last year, and after upgraded my phone, i noticed that my phone unrooted due to the upgrade.
So I tried to re rooting my phone with variety of rooting tools such as petes or oneclickroot and so on.
However it didnt work and it keep says that ADB file is missing to copy 'busy box' and 'super user'.
I rly want to rooting my phone.......
Any one can help me?
Also, I reinstalled ADB file on my computer but still didn't work.

linuxgator

Reaction score
I was rooted my phone last year, and after upgraded my phone, i noticed that my phone unrooted due to the upgrade.
So I tried to re rooting my phone with variety of rooting tools such as petes or oneclickroot and so on.
However it didnt work and it keep says that ADB file is missing to copy 'busy box' and 'super user'.
I rly want to rooting my phone.......
Any one can help me?
Also, I reinstalled ADB file on my computer but still didn't work.

If you upgraded to .906, you need to use the motofail method. Do a search for motofail_windows.zip and you should find the proper file.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Hmm, are you running it with administrator privileges in windows? If not, try that. Also, make sure you are using a Motorola cable, sometimes that causes issues. If neither of those work, try it on another computer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes you must use motofail i have a link in my sbf thread also make sure on your phone you enable usb debugging and when you hook it up to your computer you but your phone in charge only mode

OP

2seunghee

Reaction score
I followed the things like debugging and charging mode, but unfortunately like above pics, it didn't work so I might do rooting with another computer..:( Thanks for your reply. Hope it works on the other computer...

OP

2seunghee

Reaction score
Try rooting on the other computer would be fast, I guess.
Hope it works..... I RLY need rooting for capture my phone screen and so on. haha...
Hmm, are you running it with administrator privileges in windows? If not, try that. Also, make sure you are using a Motorola cable, sometimes that causes issues. If neither of those work, try it on another computer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

itzjoe

Reaction score
Try not to use motofail.. it will last for few weeks then bricks. I lost one of my d3's that way

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try not to use motofail.. it will last for few weeks then bricks. I lost one of my d3's that way

umm motofail doesn't brick your phone lol and its the only thing currently that will root the .906 ota

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

umm motofail doesn't brick your phone lol and its the only thing currently that will root the .906 ota

based on the pic he provided it looks like his antivirus corrupted the download..
a lot of antivirus will mark motofail as a virus because of the tools it uses to root..
I would suggest you turn off your antivirus..
redownload motofail (you can find a new copy in my sbf thread)
make sure usb debugging is turned on in phone settings
when you connect your phone to computer make sure you change usb settings to charge only
and try to root again..

OP

2seunghee

Reaction score

based on the pic he provided it looks like his antivirus corrupted the download..
a lot of antivirus will mark motofail as a virus because of the tools it uses to root..
when you connect your phone to computer make sure you change usb settings to charge only
and try to root again..

Idk y but still didn't working tho I deleted antivirus programs :(

OP

2seunghee

Reaction score
Yes you must use motofail i have a link in my sbf thread also make sure on your phone you enable usb debugging and when you hook it up to your computer you but your phone in charge only mode

hey I found your post about rooting, and now it work!!!!!!!!!!!! thx!!! :))))) :biggrin:

shockwave72

Reaction score
Use Superoneclick, that's what i used to root my DROID 3, and 2 minutes later, i was rooted.

itzjoe

Reaction score
ovelayer said:

and try to root again..

Lol when I used it followed all steps and was not using any root apps yet and phone froze and took battery out and put back in and it was stuck at dual core screen :(

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol when I used it followed all steps and was not using any root apps yet and phone froze and took battery out and put back in and it was stuck at dual core screen :(

your talking about the 1click sbf not motofail
when you use the on click sbf and you get stuck at the duual core screen that means you were not on the 906 ota but rather the 890 ota thus causing that freeze...