Need help choosing a case and screen protector for my Droid.

sstrool

Reaction score
I just ordered the Seido case and I already have and use the multimedia dock. I think I know that the droid with case will not fit. How easy is it to remove the case so that I can dock it at night?

HCdroid

Reaction score
Although somewhat overpriced my suggestion goes to the Martin Fields screen protector. Quality is the best I've seen and used in any of my phones over the years.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
do those Steinheil Crystal screen protectors not attract lint/dust? i just received some cheap screen protectors i found on ebay for like $2. after i had put it on i pocketed it, the entire screen was covered in white lint/dust.
No they don't seem to attract much dust at all. Yes you will get some and have to wipe it off but no the whole screen wont be covered.

ok sounds good. i also read some reviews that the surface of the Steinheil's is very smooth to the touch and not "sticky". the last screen protectors i had were very sticky to the touch and everything seemed to stick on them very easily. needless to say i ripped them off and trashed them immediately.

oh and also, any good sites you can recommend to buy them? i found some on amazon but it's only one seller.

Yes the Steinheil Crystal has a very glass like feel to them. They also don't make your screen a little blurry like some other protectors.

SGPstore.com is the best place to buy them but they seem to be temporarily out of stock. SGPstore is who makes the Steinheil Crystal screen protector.

Last edited:

bizzy

Reaction score
No they don't seem to attract much dust at all. Yes you will get some and have to wipe it off but no the whole screen wont be covered.

ok sounds good. i also read some reviews that the surface of the Steinheil's is very smooth to the touch and not "sticky". the last screen protectors i had were very sticky to the touch and everything seemed to stick on them very easily. needless to say i ripped them off and trashed them immediately.

oh and also, any good sites you can recommend to buy them? i found some on amazon but it's only one seller.

Yes the Steinheil Crystal has a very glass like feel to them. They also don't make your screen a little blurry like some other protectors.

SGPstore.com is the best place to buy them but they seem to be temporarily out of stock. SGPstore is who makes the Steinheil Crystal screen protector.

i just checked amazon and the seller is SGP (Stylish people's Good Partner). $10.98 + $2.98 shipping = $13.96. ouch. i'll see if the screen protector that comes with the otterbox is any good. if not i'll probably end up buying these. thanks.

GaryMorrison

Reaction score
Krussel case

I received the Krussel case yesterday and am very pleased. My only concern is that it has a magnet for closing the flap. Will that cause a problem?

Gary

bizzy

Reaction score
Where does the magnet touch on the phone, if at all? Unless the magnet is very strong/large, I doubt it would do any damage.

dishnu

Reaction score
I received the Krussel case yesterday and am very pleased. My only concern is that it has a magnet for closing the flap. Will that cause a problem?

Gary

I would think that since the Droid uses a magnetic switch to go to dock mode that with the magnet i may turn your Droid on with the magnet in the case, Draining you battery.

WVOz1970

Reaction score
I've been a Zagg Invisible Shield user for quite a while on many of my electronics, so I opted for one on my Droid as well. Does a great job and doesn't blur the screen or get lint-y. I'm trying to find out if it will cause issues with the Otterbox case, because I'm leaning towards buying one soon.

Reaction score
Screen protectors aren't necessary, it's Gorilla Glass.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing this. Yes, it's more scratch resistant. Not scratch proof. My wife dropped her phone not far but it landed on concrete and the glass is permanently scratched now. Had she had a protector on like I do it would've meant simply changing a screen protector.

For some people a screen protector might not be necessary, but for me I like knowing it's protected.

GaryMorrison

Reaction score

Gary

I would think that since the Droid uses a magnetic switch to go to dock mode that with the magnet i may turn your Droid on with the magnet in the case, Draining you battery.

Thanks, I'll do some testing today to see if it is keeping it on. Krussel is a nice case except for the possible magnet problem.

Gary

savageseas

Reaction score
Gorilla glass my ass! I saw the video on youtube of the guy purposely trying to scratch the screen with his keys to no avail. I thought "wow... guess I don't need a screen protector". Fast forward a month later. After a series of phone calls I went to send a text and found 3 scratches on the screen. Yeah. From my earrings! No, they weren't diamonds or anything that should have scratched "indestructible" glass. I had in 2 round silver balls and a small rhinestone. Save yourself the worry - just buy the damn protectors.

My friend has a Zagg shield screen protector on hers that I really like. Some people say they are sticky but I liked it and the fact you can't see fingerprints on it is a BIG bonus for me. ;)

~S

Cleskers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been a Zagg Invisible Shield user for quite a while on many of my electronics, so I opted for one on my Droid as well. Does a great job and doesn't blur the screen or get lint-y. I'm trying to find out if it will cause issues with the Otterbox case, because I'm leaning towards buying one soon.

I love my Zagg and it does not interfere with my Otter box. The screen was little sticky at first and then as I used it more has become nice and smooth. I only need a holster now. I wish I would have seen the new Seidio case and holster combo first. I had the body Glove.......sits in a watery grave now. The Otter box is far better fit and size wise to me.

vmann32

Reaction score

Gary

Yep no magnets I learned.I use a free screen protector that came with one of the 6 cases and clips I have tried."Insten" makes the protector and I bought a spare one for 10$ shipped.It is a 3 part SP.Peel the back and use a card to apply but the best part is the protector to keep the card from scratching the touchable surface.But this thing is great.I have had it for a couple maybe a few months and the SP is like brand new and silky smooth.I work outside in Florida(sand)and have no issues,I use a cellet snap cover vertical case(cause docks car/multimedia access)I like it cause the Droid has no cover and it is easier to handle I think.GL with whatever you choose.

mrgarrison

Reaction score
Screen protectors aren't necessary, it's Gorilla Glass.

watch this video.. the only thing keeping my phone working is the screen protector :)
[video=youtube;_uBY3lHFZ4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uBY3lHFZ4o[/video]

Last edited: