Need help choosing a case and screen protector for my Droid.

Elvis087

Reaction score
Well...i'm getting a Droid next week but i want to start buying the accesories because i like to keep all my stuff in like new condition, so as soon as i take it out of the box i'm planning on putting in it's protective case and it's screen protector but i don't really know which are the best brands for this phone, any recommendations?...also is there anything that will cover the 3.5mm headphone jack and the micro USB slot? say something like switcheasy's cases for the iphone? those cover everything..is there anything similar for the Droid?

spoooon

Reaction score
I went with the Otterbox cover discussed in one of the other threads. It has plugs for the ports. Looking at the pictures, it's hard to tell if they just pop out or what.

aarontliu

Reaction score
I've got the Seidio Case and it's really nice. I also go my screen protectors from Seidio, but they seem to get scratched quite easily. Go check out the Seidio thread for a bunch on opinions on the case. I personally think it's the best.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
As far as the best case go with seidio or otterbox. The best screen protector is the Steinheil Crystal by far. Very well priced and work the best. I will not use any other screen protector on my phone now.

The_Law

Reaction score
I had a moto case, but it was too big. I went with the Seidio which is lightweight, thin and very comfortable. Additionally, you can purchase other Seidio accessories that you can use without having to take off the case (i.e. media dock, car dock)

mkraffert

Reaction score
I used to body glove and it broke my case. Loosened the screen too. Now i use a leather pouch

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
E

Elvis087

Reaction score
Ok so i'm ordering my Droid tomorrow with an otterbox case and a Steinheil Crystal screen protector :) i think that has me covered, thanks everyone.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I highly suggest checking out the existing threads. There's plenty of existing discussion on cases and screen protectors. Best is always subjective and you need to read up on the options to determine what sounds like it will suit you best.

Screen protectors aren't necessary, it's Gorilla Glass.
It's a subjective judgment call. Again, Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant. It is not, however, unscratchable.

GaryMorrison

Reaction score
Cases

I have a Seido case and like it, but there is a problem. It has fallen off my belt a couple of times after getting out of the car. Fortunately, I heard it hit the ground and retrieved it.

I just ordered Krussell "generic" case for the Droid with a clip. I had one of these a few years ago for a PDA and really liked it. Hopefully, it will solve the problem.

Gary

bizzy

Reaction score
do those Steinheil Crystal screen protectors not attract lint/dust? i just received some cheap screen protectors i found on ebay for like $2. after i had put it on i pocketed it, the entire screen was covered in white lint/dust.

riverdees05

Reaction score
When I got my Droid the sales person sold me a Body Glove. It seems to work OK, but would like to get a leather case for additional protection. Any suggestions on case that will hold my Droid and it's Body Glove case?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
do those Steinheil Crystal screen protectors not attract lint/dust? i just received some cheap screen protectors i found on ebay for like $2. after i had put it on i pocketed it, the entire screen was covered in white lint/dust.

No they don't seem to attract much dust at all. Yes you will get some and have to wipe it off but no the whole screen wont be covered.

bizzy

Reaction score
No they don't seem to attract much dust at all. Yes you will get some and have to wipe it off but no the whole screen wont be covered.

ok sounds good. i also read some reviews that the surface of the Steinheil's is very smooth to the touch and not "sticky". the last screen protectors i had were very sticky to the touch and everything seemed to stick on them very easily. needless to say i ripped them off and trashed them immediately.

oh and also, any good sites you can recommend to buy them? i found some on amazon but it's only one seller.

Booch_21

Reaction score
I have a Body Glove for the protection and the grippy feel of the phone. I stick it in my shirt or coat pocket and never wear it on my belt. As for screen protector, I have had the phone since mid January and have used nothing but a tissue or shirt sleeve on the gorilla glass and it looks fine. Do not need a screen protector at all!