need advice on getting new phone

thevamplestat25

Reaction score
My bionic broke and my upgrade is available. I'm looking at phones. Lg intuition,galaxy s4, galaxy note2. I need pros and cons. The intuition is in my budget now. Would have to wait for the other two but I don't know anyone with an intuition so Don't know how it is. Thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
As an s4 users I can say I can't really find any cons with the phone without nitpicking. The back of the phone is quite slippery, however, I have rid of this problem with a custom battery cover and this could easily be solved with a case. Pros.....just about everything....great display, fast without a hiccup, smooth, constant strong signals, etc.

What is your budget? I know there have been a couple of good deals for the s4 for new contract/upgrade and the note 2 is seeing a price drop with the upcoming release of the note 3. I think I just saw someone pick up the s4 for $95 after new contract.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Great time for an upgrade...you have so many choices...what budget price range you looking?...

Do you want larger phone? Note 2 should drop since Note 3 is here...LG 2 looks like a beast...HTC one ...s4 ...both solid...

N2 tap'd HD

OP
T

thevamplestat25

Reaction score
Well I can go too 100$ and more if I bill it to my account. But if I want out of pocket I can do less than $100

OP
T

thevamplestat25

Reaction score
What I like in a phone is good camera removable memory or 32g internal memory. I like fast phones. I loved my bionic but it just got slower and slower :/ and now gas a hard wear issue not covered under warranty so time for an upgrade. I also like gorilla glass phones

OP
T

thevamplestat25

Reaction score
Also the $94 for an s4 how did he pull that off!! Great deal lol would deff get an s4

OP
T

thevamplestat25

Reaction score
Ha ha also I'm planing to purchase one today so once I figure out which one I need too figure out the cheapest way to buy it lol online or in store

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Check around different retailers; Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc. Usually they have their own little deals going on. Kinda bitter as I paid quite a bit more than what I've seen/heard it going for now, just 2mo ago:mad:

OP
T

thevamplestat25

Reaction score
Lol. True it sucks lol. Also if u had to pick a new phone what would it be or are you happy with what you got?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Note 2 is pretty awesome. I've had mine for 8 months - no case and not a mark on it. Plus the battery life is just crazy. I usually plug in every day and a half to two days. Win!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Lol. True it sucks lol. Also if u had to pick a new phone what would it be or are you happy with what you got?
I had a Galaxy Nexus for 18mo, that's the longest I ever held onto a phone. I waited for something like the s4 and it became available. Picked it up the day I was eligible for an upgrade and haven't regretted it for a second. This phone easily trumps the Nexus in every way possible. If I held onto the Nexus for 18mo, I can hang onto this s4 for that time if not longer. I was a former "flash-o-holic" and with my s4 I'm still running stock rooted 2mo later. If I ever get bored with it I can start flashing ROMs, but I see no real reason to anymore and still am completely happy with my choice in the s4.

OP
T

thevamplestat25

Reaction score
Ha ha so it looks like it will be between the note and s4 I think s4 has removable memory? Does the note? Also are there no lg intuition users lol?!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ha ha so it looks like it will be between the note and s4 I think s4 has removable memory? Does the note? Also are there no lg intuition users lol?!
Both come with a microSD card expandable up to 64gb I believe.