Which phone is next for me??

prey

Reaction score
Currently I still have the original Galaxy Nexus..

I need something new..
Im looking at either the HTC One or the Motorola Droid Maxx

any pros or cons for either?

capt. dan

Reaction score
I like the Moto radios myself. I have the Moto X not the maxx.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Would you be upgrading by locking yourself into another contract or buying from a 3rd party?

I've heard many good reviews of both the One and Maxx, but if you want a Nexus like experience I think the X offers that, and in pretty much the same, but better package than the Gnex. From what I've been told and read "it's a better Gnex".

I believe there is a sale tomorrow for Moto X/Moto maker. I'm considering getting one myself

capt. dan

Reaction score
I just switched from the GN and you can take everything you like from that phone, and add a better screen, better battery life, and better reception and you have the Moto X. Do a search on it and read some of the reviews. I was going to get the note 3 but had read so many good things about this and then the special deal came along on the developer edition. Couldn't pass it up and glad I didn't.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

rumma

Reaction score
Droid Maxx or HTC One

I've had both and settled with the Maxx. The HTC One is a beautiful phone but seemed dainty to me. Battery life was so-so, and I like to use GPS for hiking and biking apps. I also use the navigation a fair amount each day. The display was excellent, but no brighter in sunlight than the Maxx.

With the Maxx, I turn on GPS, WiFi, 4g, Bluetooth, set the display to brightest and let it burn. I always have 50% battery at the end of the day. The One has a better pedigree, such at resolution and processor speed, but is not noticeably faster, and I get a lot of compliments about the display with the Maxx...its brilliant with absolutely no visible pixelation! The OS/UI is clean, and not layered over like the HTC. Not only does the Maxx have the largest battery, but all those selling points about the One eat a lot of juice. My call quality is second to none, at both ends, and on Bluetooth. Google Now is a great feature that allows me to initiate searches and commands without touching the phone,,,,unlike Siri and Google Voice Commands, which require you to open the app to give commands. The camera on the Maxx is reported to be so-so, but the only phone I know of that actually takes better pictures, is the iPhone. My Maxx is 4 months old now, and I still wouldn't trade it for any phone, from any carrier.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
One has better camera, maxx has better battery, reception and is water resistant.

solusofttech

Reaction score
According to my experience with HTC One, I have to say it's totally worthless to buy. HTC One has many bugs like Bluetooth won’t auto-connect, takes a long time to charge, low internal memory problem, home or back button response issue etc. I think you must have to go with Motorola Droid Maxx. It’s best for you.

Thanks

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I personally recommend the Moto X, I have owned practically every phone there is lol the HTC phones all have major SIM card issues. As of late all Samsung phones are very locked down.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

rumma

Reaction score
According to my experience with HTC One, I have to say it's totally worthless to buy. HTC One has many bugs like Bluetooth won’t auto-connect, takes a long time to charge, low internal memory problem, home or back button response issue etc. I think you must have to go with Motorola Droid Maxx. It’s best for you.

Thanks

In addition to my post #6 above, I too had Bluetooth problems with the One. As shipped, it would not voice dial over Bluetooth. I'm in a "hands free" state so that feature was critical to me. I did find a dialer app in the store that would do it for me, but, as I recall, that created other voice search complications.