Need a recommendation for a call blocker

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I'm basically looking for something that pops up when I get an incoming call and gives me the option to block or answer the phone. Is there any such thing out there? TIA.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If you're rooted, root call blocker pro. When I wasn't rooted I used an app called Call Blocker.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I have a GS4 but not rooted. Was reading up on Call Blocker and one of the reviews said it blocks number not on your contact list is that true? What if I want to receive a call from someone NOT on my contact list. Is it blocked?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Extreme Call Blocker - a paid app from the Google Play Store. I've had it on all of my phones since 2010 and it's well worth the money. Updates are frequent and free, BTW.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Just checked Extreme Call Blocker. From their website, it says:

"
1- Simply select which number(s) from your contact list that you want to get through, just one, a few or everyone.
2- Set the length of time that you would like to block calls for; Up until a set time, A few minutes, hours, days or forever.
3- Click "Confirm" and your all set

I don't want to deal with the contact list. I want something that, when call comes in that I know I don't want to answer (most 800 numbers, etc.) I can just push a button and say "block" and that's it. Nothing complicated. This app won't do it from what I can see.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
have you tried registering your number on the "Do Not Call List"? I can recall maybe two 1-800 numbers since I did it a few years back.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Can't you just add numbers to the phone's default reject list?

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
have you tried registering your number on the "Do Not Call List"? I can recall maybe two 1-800 numbers since I did it a few years back.

Yes. I tried that and they still come in.

Can't you just add numbers to the phone's default reject list?

I was trying to avoid having to manually put in a phone number after each call. That's what I wanted an app to do with a simple "block it" button. I guess that doesn't exist.

jshaw42

Reaction score
I was trying to avoid having to manually put in a phone number after each call. That's what I wanted an app to do with a simple "block it" button. I guess that doesn't exist.
If you go to "Phone>Recent>" then select the call you wish to block, click on the settings button (lower left of phone) and select "Add to reject list" you won't have to enter the number.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Great. I'll try that. Thanks jshaw42

user-offline.png

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I use this app, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.youmail.callerid It does caller ID, blocks SPAM calls from a database it maintains and allows me to ditch calls, (they get added to the list). It works really well and I have tried quite a few. The caller ID feature works really well. I'm on the no call list but it isn't helping much. This app has ditched 1 of the same numbers 4 times now. It isn't necessary to sign up for their service.

annabelanwen

Reaction score
WARNING! Extreme call blocker stopped auto starting on boot. I moved app to phone as advised. IT BLEW AWAY MY ENTIRE TEXT MESSAGE HISTORY!!!!

It has become overprogrammed and unwieldy!