Need a hardware fix

ambrown

Reaction score
Hey all, my Droid 2, that was bought off ebay and nurtured to pretty good functionality, has a broken power button. Now I've had it open and fixed a few issues already but after trying to get the power button working I still couldn't make it work.

I have another Droid 2 that I got off ebay that I attempted to fix the screen and now it's non-working. But I was thinking I could take the perfectly good flex cable that the power button lies on out of the non-working Droid 2 and put it in my working Droid 2. But the flex cable also has the volume buttons, the camera button, and the vibrator module all attached to it as well. The easiest part looks like detaching the main part of the cable, but the vibrator module is well attached and looks a little involved to remove.

So does anyone have experience with this area of repair or teardown? If you even just know of a decent tutorial that would be helpful. I looked on youtube but couldn't find a tutorial that focused on that cable, and more specifically the vibrator module. But if you know of even a text tutorial that's better than nothing.

Thanks!