No backlight on buttons

Reaction score
Just go tthis phone off someone works great except no backlights on buttons and back button is alittle hard to push.

Looked on ebay for New keypad Flex Cable For Motorola Droid X MB810 looks to be the part but is it not odd that all 4 lights are at the same time?

Any body ever mess with these?

I'd SBF the phone first to see if they're turned off by the software. I personally use AdjBrightness to turn those stupid button lights off and keep em off. I've had my X for more than a week so I know where the buttons are, and they're ANNOYING at night when I'm trying to watch something on my phone.

OP
bL33d

bL33d

Reaction score
I've sbf'd about 10 times flashing different roms and lights never work.
ya they can be annoying specialy on ota gb. I don't really mind it
Its just the idea that there not working and there suppose to.

Reaction score
It's not just OTA GB. It's all of the GB ROMs I've tried. On FroYo, they dimmed with the backlight and turned off after several seconds when I was watching Netflix. On GB they stay on whenever the screen is on and they don't dim at all. They just blare in your face the whole time. Before I found AdjBrightness I was considering figuring out how to take my phone apart so I could make them stop. *MAKEITSTOP!*:icon_evil:

I suppose I would be a little annoyed if a feature of my phone didn't work, especially if it's a hardware issue and not just a ROM that has unsupported features.

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
bright-azz button lights

Checked out AdjBrightness, but it's only for rooted phones. Yes, yes, I know rooting isn't that hard or dangerous and all, but...

I made a little cardboard sleeve that fits over the damn buttons so me and SO aren't blinded at night...